You are in... Forums > General > General > shineray 125cc

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

albert2012

Feb 12

albert2012 says:

shineray 125cc

my son bought a shineray 125 from a dealer in somerset eighteen months ago ,please dont anyone make the same mistake ,because it was delivered in a crate to our address it apparently meant it had no warranty I might not be the brightest of people but I would not have let my son part with £1,000 with no guarantee covering what he bought.Within 3 weeks the electric start stopped working as a 'good will gesture' he was sent  a new one .the bike has been a complete disappointment and pain in the arse as for after sales service, that does not exist with this company, more of a "what do you expect me to do" attitude .now the latest problem is the engine mount at the front has sheared ,he uses the to go to and fro to work approx 6 mile round trip daily along normal roads I have been involved with bikes for years and have never had problems. he has had constant trouble with the electrics and the engine.  this bike was defiantly not worth the money, or the time and effort we have wasted constantly having to repair it. this bike is not fit for purpose and therefore is not safe for riding.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 February 2012 20:20)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

chinese

I assume its chinese? What a waste of time and money.... you could have got a Honda or Yamaha 2nd hand with that

Reply to this Topic
soapes

May 10

soapes says:

Not fit for purpose

Even if it has no warranty you are still covered by the sale of goods act, which should cover a new bike for 3years (though you'd have to check that) if it isn't fit for purpose you should still be entitled to your money back and even compensation for your expenses.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

as yet

nothing of any good bike wise has come out of china yet far to cheaply made to be of any proper use to any body, good copiers of the honda faithful 50/70/90/and 125, let down by absolute shite materials.

Reply to this Topic
albert2012

Feb 12

albert2012 says:

shineray 125cc

JAWAPAWA: did try to convince him to buy a honda(like hes dad has) but hes very stubborn and wouldnt give in, thinking because it was new it would be reliable and do the job as expected.

soapes: i will look into that but where he bought it from said it has no guarantee because it came in a crate and he also said if it did have a guarantee it wouldnt cover moving parts

Reply to this Topic
soapes

May 10

soapes says:

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

get

get the address of the boss and leave a turd on his dooorstep...

theres no guarantee on that either

Reply to this Topic
albert2012

Feb 12

albert2012 says:

shineray 125cc

soapes: thank you

JAWAPAWA: sounds like a good idea :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

shineray

Made in China,not in the E.E.C, no dealer,nuff said.:eyebrows:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Guarantee

Usually when you buy out of a crate for DIY you are asked to get it inspected by a competent Motorcycle Engineer/ Technician before you ride it , to satisfy the Supplier that it has been assembled correctly . Then they would usually supply any replacement parts for you to fit to replace faulty ones , not those subject to wear and tear though . That`s the problem with self assembly , you cannot provide any proof and it is a good get-out clause for the Supplier .

There is a lesson for us to learn here , use one of the reputable Suppliers of Chinese Bikes such as Lexmoto , Superbyke and Sinnis and let their Dealer assemble it .
A bit late for your son now Albert but he will learn some Motorcycle maintenance like we did with our second hand bikes . Annoying though as it`s new .

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

Sadly...

There is a reason why they are less than the Jap/Europe options.

Materials are lower quality, manufacturing is lower quality, aftersales is lower quality, repeated...

Jawa -  "I assume its chinese? What a waste of time and money.... you could have got a Honda or Yamaha 2nd hand with that"

You could get a scooter, a RS 125R and a CBR 125R with change for that, if you know where to look. (And aren't afraid of taking on possible Cat Cs, definitely Cat Ds.)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices