Skip to content

Discuss This Staff Bikes: Ducati Multistrada - What a year! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff Bikes: Ducati Multistrada - What a year!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Potter  says:

Staff Bikes: Ducati Multistrada - What a year!

That’s it. Time to send my Multistrada 1200S back. And I’ve never been sadder to see a bike go. It fits into my life perfectly and that’s saying something as I’ve owned, run and tested just about every single bike built in the last 17 years. Even after running two Multistrada 1200s (the first one was written off by a colleague)...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 February 2012 12:00)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
EK_Biker

Nov 07

EK_Biker says:

41mpg?

Is the 41mpg on the original exhaust or aftermarket (Termi I assume) system?

And does this include thrashing or mainly sensible riding?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

If you're buying one, does fuel economy matter?

£15,000.  I'm sure it's an amazing bike, but... fifteen thousand pounds.  Fifteen thousand pounds.  Fifteen thousand pounds.  I just can't say that in a way where it makes sense for any bike that doesn't actively fellate you as you ride.

Reply to this Topic
Bruno21

Feb 12

Bruno21 says:

This bike for me is amazing.

Reply to this Topic
jallen

Aug 02

jallen says:

Test rode one at the BMF show last year. I was very impressed by it superb motor, handling, comfort etc. Didn't really want to hand it back. I was asked what I thought of it and my comment was that it is way too expensive as a 1200S. If they did an 848 Dark Multistrada for £9k then I might seriously consider one.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

how much?

15grand?  I'm sorry?  15 you say?  15?  Oh Rogerborg has said it.  But 15grand is just too much.

Reply to this Topic
occytherp

Jul 05

occytherp says:

I took a good look at one of these at the NEC Bike show and it ain't that special!  According to MCN figures this bike lost £4,700 in two years of depreciation, thats before we even look at running costs. And if you think that's expensive, there is another version at £17,000 celebrating some unheard of hill climbing event somewhere. Throw in a few Ducati aftermarket trinckets and you'll be selling body parts to help out the finances.

For this amount of dosh, it would have to be a lot more "than amazing"  

Reply to this Topic
Tricolore

Feb 12

Tricolore says:

Amazing bike

So tired of hearing about cost of bikes - if everyone went for the cheapest vehicle we would be driving Yugo's. 

If you have a connection with a brand, cost is not a factor.  If you dont care what brand you ride then you can focus on cost or BHP or other factors.

I believe the focus should be on the quality of the ride and how the bike makes you feel.

Buy what you want or can afford and have fun!

Reply to this Topic
SCI-MCC

Jan 08

SCI-MCC says:

Love these

I have mine for 8 month now, I've had a k8 busa, z1000,versys,er-6, various 600's this is the best bike I've had bar none, my bike is fitted with a Mivv pipe plus decat, when riding normaly I get the same MPG as my old mans and pals 2010 adventures. Cant see the bike lossing 5k in 2 year I've yet to see a clean one below 10k, I bought mine 8 months old just like most my bikes and I'll loss little. Take 1 for a test ride, you'll see what I mean.

Reply to this Topic
Floppyjockey

Aug 02

Floppyjockey says:

It is that good

I can understan the comments above about the price BUT it is worth all of that cash and more, it does what it says on the tin, except I will not be taking my one off road because it is not my thing and I do not think that is the point of the bike. it handles like a sports bike when in sports mode and at some point during my 35 mile trip to work I use all 4 modes adn they all work well. The bike is not going to be for everyone but it is the only bike that I will ever need.

John R

Reply to this Topic
fatiredflyer

Apr 03

fatiredflyer says:

Mine just passed 10,000km.

I intend to hold on to it until I can hold a grip no more.

"One bike to rule them all".

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices