Skip to content

Discuss This New KTM Super Duke 1290 spied New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New KTM Super Duke 1290 spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New KTM Super Duke 1290 spied

KTM's all-new 1290cc V-twin Super Duke has been spotted strapped onto a trailer in Tenerife as the prototype machine undergoes endurance testing before its launch later this year. It is clear from the picture that the Austrian firm is using a modular design concept - the main chassis, engine and fuel tank of the naked Super Duke are identical to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 February 2012 12:47)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I think I prefered the look of the previous model, but this will be a hell of a beast for sure!

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

swingarm

swingarm looks like ducati style but it look like a beast!!!

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Now just the wait

been thinking about a new superduke , but i,ll be waiting now for this one. Problem solved.  Just can,t beat a v2 on the road.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

My mate has the 990 and he loves it! reckons its one of the best bikes he's had in terms of grin factor, only let down is the tiny tank!! 80 miles to the light some days, so if they put a decent tank on this so people can use it for multi tasking, i.e European road trips, then i'd certainly be interested.... KTM!! sort the fuel range out and you'll sell them by the bucket load..

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

Just can,t beat a v2 on the road

You obviously haven ridden the new speed triple :) love the duke tho, I think my blood is actually orange !

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

You er right

I hav nt ridden a new speed triple?  One of the boys in our bunch has one and ive seen how it goes , It turned an average rider into a pretty good one, Ive never ridden it cause I don,t want him riding mine(He fell off once on his old bike ) I was actuallly in the triumph shop today looking at one !!!! Right up until i got home and saw this beauty.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Super duke 12

The KTM Super Duke 990/990R have always had that futuristic bad boy look about them but now,KTM have added the 1200 motor and doesn't it look busy! The 990 motor was adequate but for me it looked as though the motor didn't fill the frame completely.Yes,the fuel range is a major thorn in the side of this bike,pity KTM didn't incorporate the rad shrouds as part of the tank itself,as they did with the enduro bike a few years back for desert racing. As for the SSS(single sided swingarm),yes i like em' but strangely for this bike the twin fork suited it.Oh well time and progress marches on ey!!? One last thing,i hope they can keep the price sensible?:wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
tiresmokes

Apr 03

tiresmokes says:

Range

My "record" on lowest mileage was on my TL 1000R. 15 litres bought me 52 miles of go-go juice ... admitedly was ridden all the way of those 52 miles on one wheel ... one or the other. Motorway miles were like 127 off the same 15 litres tank ridden mostly at tone or thereabouts. the Super Duke 12 looks like a similar sort of "efficiency" :)however on the green side of things it seems a bit of a hybrid: burns gas and rubber. On a more serious note this kind of bike makes you appreciate the cars as a pure necessity and totally puts an end to trying to be sporty on 4 wheels -> hence the green ... no more useless burning of gas trying to make the car go somewhat faster :)

Reply to this Topic
SLYDN

Feb 12

SLYDN says:

1290 SUPER DUKE

I don't care how much fuel it burns, I'll get a 10 litre backpak if I havta, in 07 it was a toss up between the SUPER DUKE and the R1200R, at 49 I made the "wise" decision and have regretted it every time I see a SUPER DUKE. Not that the R1200R isn't a good thing, I fitted an AKRAPOVIC TITANIUM slip on and gained another 5hp taking it to 114 on the dyno and 2 K1300Rs couldn't come close on my favourite 45ks of winding hooning road and yes it hits the limiter at 240kph. I KNOW THAT ROAD WELL !!!! Bring it on KTM for I wait with great anticipation and much readyness....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle