You are in... Forums > General > General > non runners

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

pauldid

Aug 09

pauldid says:

non runners

Hi all havent been on for 18months .....no job no money = no bike. but i have now scraped together a few quid and it was a few quid and bought a non runner bandit 400. Bloke told me it was laid up for a year but ran fine before then. sadly i cant get it to fire up yet. not being to technical ive changed plugs and they are sparking fine changed fuel that was left in. changed air filter...any other suggestions coils seem fine fuel is coming through fuel tap? any cheap non profit making help would be appreciated! wish i still had my varadero!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 February 2012 13:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

open the

little brass drain screws on the bottom of the carbs open fuel tap to prime and let the petrol run through for roughly 15 seconds lock it up after draining, this unleaded crap tends to go off very quickly and it dries up in the carb bottom causing all kinds of mayhem with the floats, if itgets stuck behind the needles on the floats any overflowing can be cured with a good rap with a screw driver handle. good luck if that doesnt work its cabs off for a blow through, it may start up and eventually pull the other carbs into sequence.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices