Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

benmc

Feb 09

benmc says:

Dunlop Roadsmart 2s

Hi, 

Anyone got any experience of the Dunlop Roadsmart II?

I'm thinking of fitting these to my blade (cbr929 2001) and would be hoping to get somewhere around 7-8k miles out of the set. It'll mainly covering 'fun' miles, but I'll be commuting (30 miles) too - probably in the wet at some point. 

Are these a good choice, or should I be looking at the sportsmart instead? 

Any input/suggestions/alternatives much appreciated!

Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 February 2012 16:21)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I've

been runnig Bridgestone BT-023's on my vfr and totally trust them in all conditions rain or shine, got 8K outt'a the rear with a conbination of commuting,spirted weekend riding,general stuff but no track days mind.

Might be worth a look?,i'm defo sold on them.

Reply to this Topic
benmc

Feb 09

benmc says:

bt-023

thanks for that - I'd though about the bridgestones too, for some reason I wasn't completely sold...

You've changed my mind a bit though - It sounds like my usage will be similar to yours (no track days for me this year), so a confirmed 8k miles sounds good, but I like the part about total trust in all conditions more. 

On my old er5 I had dunlop GT501s and I really hated the rain with those! 

thanks again.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

RoadSmart

If the II is really an improvement on the original, I can't wait.

I'm on my 4th set of RoadSmarts on my gixxer thou, and they've been brilliant in all conditions (barring snow and ice).  Compliant, fast warm up, astounding wet and cold grip.  I've been getting 6-7k miles out of a rear.  I always change the front at the same time 'cause it feels so nice to get on a new pair, but if you really wanted you could probably get 10k out of a front.

Thought of trying SportSmart but would like to know how they last...

Reply to this Topic
benmc

Feb 09

benmc says:

bt-023 again

...just an update on this (if anyone is interested), I went for the bt23s in the end and have managed around 350 miles so far all in the dry (and cold).

They're a massive improvement over the qualifiers that were on there before, the bike feels more stable in a straight line and in the corners (they just keep gripping) and the ride is less bumpy. 

So thanks to preunit for pointing me in the right direction!

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

bb

Sportsmarts ; I got 5000 out of the rear on my 1996 blade. the most I've ever got. Although I've gone on to Avon Storm Ultra 2s now, because they seem to be lasting well on my ZX12 which has a huge appetite for rubber.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Richnotrich

Thanks for that, good to know.  Places SportSmarts somewhere between the sports tyres and sports tourers, probably best suited to our cool wet summers but maybe still not ideal for depths of winter or mileage...

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

BB

I've found Sportsmarts to last about the same as Pilot Power 2CT's. About 5k miles per set on a Buell 1125

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices