Skip to content

Ask an Expert help with claim settlement please Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > help with claim settlement please

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jaydavid73

Feb 12

jaydavid73 says:

help with claim settlement please

hi all

i am wondering if anyone has any advice for me please. i have just had an accident on my 6 day old vespa px 125 (not my fault) and the insurance company has offered me £2650 as a cat c write off. also offered £2350 salvage. now as i say the bike is less than a week old and purchased at a cost to me of £3000 so it seems i am losing money on this. i dont know is it worth salvage the bike take the £2350 as its a cat c with pretty much just cosmetic damage to bodywork or can i ask for more on the claim being it only 6 day old? any help is greatly appreciated 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 February 2012 11:59)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaydavid73

Feb 12

jaydavid73 says:

engineers report included

just recieved the report and pictures and im bewilldered how they come to the costs and amount of damage. how do i include a pdf file on here to show the report?

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

pdf --> jpg

Find yourself a pdf to jpg converter (do a search for "convert pdf to jpg") and you'll find something like this

Not sure if that one's free.  Find one that is, or get a demo, and upload the jpg when you've got it.  Or take a pic of the screen with your camera and upload that. 

Reply to this Topic
jaydavid73

Feb 12

jaydavid73 says:

heres the engineers report

heres the report. wot a joke lol

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

jaydavid73

I would ask the question as to why the crankcases and main bearings require replacement. 

I base this on the picture of the scooter you have provided as I cannot see any engine damage being done from the damage seen to the RH engine side cover.
Some of the other repair requirements listed in the report are to my mind questionable, again based on the one picture you have provided.
Contact ACIC on the link I gave you in a previous post he will give you good advice.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

smidget is right

just tell them you'll think about it then call back later and ask for way more and they'll usually go for it without any problem. they get given a range of prices to offer you can obviously cant start out at the top.

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

You can use the £2650

to buy this *MCN won't let me post link*

Haggle the price down a bit to cover their £60 documentation fee and delivery fee included in your offer price and you've lost nothing.

*** Have a look on Autotrader, 5ways have a pre-reg Vespa on a 61 plate for £2600

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle