Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki to enter new 1000cc bike in selected races in 2013? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki to enter new 1000cc bike in selected races in 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki to enter new 1000cc bike in selected races in 2013?

Suzuki could be back on the MotoGP grid with a new factory GSV-R 1000cc machine as early as 2013. Veteran Japanese test rider Nobuatsu Aoki confirmed in Sepang last week that he was testing Suzuki’s new 1000cc project recently at the Ryuyo test track in Japan. He hinted that if testing was successful then Suzuki would possibly consider selected wild card entries...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 February 2012 10:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Lets hope so and hopefully they have two bikes on the grid in 2013.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

You heard it here first

If Ducati don't get their act together. Valentino on a Suzuki in 2014?

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

suzi

the good ol boys suzuki are very much needed i think in 2012. they showed real promise last season. i paid good money at silverstone to go on the pit lane walkabout. the only team out was old faithfull rizzla boys. they always went the extra mile to gather support and fans. now they have to start from scratch. i wonder if ducati used any of theyre expetese on the gp12. they will be missed this year. still its given alvro a stint on a competetive machine this year, just a shame about how he got ride. rip simmo58.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

AhhhYeah !!

Rossi on the Suzuki !! Would be brilliant, cant see they would have the budget though to run that. Suzuki should be on the grid, its a real shame they arent starting the year on it !! Perhaps we will see Hopper do the wildcards unless his season in WSBK is going too well for the distraction?? Its a shame that Suzuki seem to have lost their way a bit really, it wasnt in too distant memory that they won the GP crown, and had Hopper running near the front, and were dominating BSB with JR. Would love to see them running near the front again, which looks like a real prospect next year in WSBK...

Reply to this Topic
djjonnibgood

Sep 07

djjonnibgood says:

Suzuki

It was a shame that Suzuki pulled out just as they seemed to have got the bike sorted. But the way things keep changing in MotoGP i fear their development of a 1000 may be wasted, by 2014 the rules will have changed again!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Another question if Suzuki do decide to return who will be willing to ride the bike Ben Spies I doubt he would after the way he got treated when he last rode for them.

Reply to this Topic
rizla1962

Jan 09

rizla1962 says:

Racing in 2013

This is just Suzuki trying to keep their name in the news!!!! It wont happen because they wont commit the budget to do it!!

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Have to agree with

djjonnibgood.  The rules will likely change by 2014 and the Zuk won't conform.  Suzuki's problem is lack of money due to their fan base not being loyal to the brand, but loyal to low prices. They make a lot of cheap bikes and that's why their buyers actually buy them.  If they were priced at the same level as their direct competitors, hardly anyone would buy Suzuki by first choice.  They have the least technologically advanced or sorted machines of the lot, barring their RM-Z450 MX bike.  And they only have one bike with a cult following and that is the Busa.  They don't have much else anyone is really interested in.  While everyone else is moving forward, Suzuki is just trying to keep their doors open.  In the US, out of the japanese and Euro machines, Suzuki has the lowest representation.  IMO, they need to keep developing tech but they really don't need to race in GP.  GP rules limit the kinds of technology OEMs want to test so why enter a GP test?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I thought the rules stay in place for five years and then they change 2002-2006 990cc 2007-2011 800cc know we are going back to 1000cc what will it be next.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Suzuki sucks.....

I had a GT185, it was a terrible bike, i'm surprized i'm still alive after 20,000 km on it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle