Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN February 8: Rossi returns General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN February 8: Rossi returns

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN February 8: Rossi returns

In this week's issue of MCN, on sale Wednesday February 8, we have all the news from the first MotoGP test of 2012 at Sepang. Rossi was back on the pace on the all-new Ducati GP12, and Stoner continued where he left off in 2011 - at the top.  Also in this week's MCN we reveal Aprilia's new Caponord 1200. Aprilia's new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 February 2012 11:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Erm... Headline...

This time last year in the Sepang test Rossi was only 1.085secs off the pace (on a bike he hated with a bad shoulder)... he's on his way but at 1.217secs from the leader I'd hardly be saying he's returned just yet. He's outside of his own target of 1 sec. The only thing stopping people from saying he's worse than last year is the fact that it's a new bike & that it rained during the last hour when they all could have improved their times... let's hope he can start improving on last year soon 'cos none of us want a repeat of that!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vee5

Jul 04

vee5 says:

love seeing the moto gp bikes with there unpainted carbon bodywork

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Hedgehog

If I may, I think the difference between this year and last year at this time is that the guy was trying his socks off and still couldn't get within a second. Also from a setup point of view, it didn't seem to matter what they did to the bike it was lumbered with the vague front end feeling, which when played with seemed to only get worse.

This year (apparently) VR is able to put pressure on the front and have it react in a way he recognises and can use. Also when the setup is altered the bike reacts in a way that you would expect and can be notably improved.

I wouldn't read too much into the times that have been set. Apparently they have been looking for a base setting and not a fastest time. Things are looking more positive, but yeah, there is still a long way to go.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Season

As my user name gives away Im a great Rossi fan !! However, whilst I would love to see Vale win it all again, I would forego that for a decent season !! If Casey, Jorge, Dani, Rossi, Crutchlow or even Ivan Silva (OK, OK, not at all possible) wins, so long as there are actually some close duels and some more action during the races and not the front 3 or 4 separated with 5-10 seconds between them !!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Super...

Rossi said he was looking to stay within 1 sec of the leader, so he, at least, was looking at the times. I'm not reading too much into the times... MCN on the other hand do seem to be... "on the pace"?... he's more "off the pace" than this time last year. I agree, it's way too early to judge... too early for headlines like this... but they do sell papers however inaccurate the content.

I suppose Stoner annihilates opposition despite having only 2 days & a bad back wouldn't sell quite as well... but it's no surprise, therefore not news... but then what was?

Reply to this Topic
tracktime1000

Oct 05

Indomitable?

If Rossi can do it by will power alone then surely we'll see him back on the podium this year. Last  year was horrendous for him and he won't ne taking that lying down. I expect him to fight as hard if not harder than last year because after all, he has a lot to prove and I'm sure he'll never retire until he wins that title again.

Reply to this Topic
ginz

Dec 04

ginz says:

Do not get carried away !

Ok ok . . .just remember this . . . . .

Mr V Rossi could not ride the bike that Mr C Stoner rode. FACT !

Mr V Rossi could not catch his team mate Mr J Lorenzo on the same bike  FACT !

Mr V Rossi quit Yamaha in a hissy, girly fit because Mr J Lorenzo beat him  FACT !

Mr V Rossi put up a wall in the garage to prevent Jorge 'spying',  the FACT is Vale could have learned from Jorge !

Mr V Rossi is possibly the best GP rider of all time  FACT !

So, Valentino the thinking man knows deep down that your mind games have come back to haunt you, well done in the past. It's now time to stop showboating and just ride your bike. . . .

BUT. . . .every dog has his day and Valentino has had his, well done Valentino.

Reply to this Topic
giancola

Sep 03

giancola says:

qinz....

If that is your screen name......

The wall FACT was there from when they put Bridgestone tyres on his bike while JL still had Mitchees.....it was just bad thinking of keeping it there when they were all on the Bridgestones.

So to recap, get your FACTS right before stating them...OK?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

The FACT should not be confused with the OPINION...FACT.

Reply to this Topic
2wheelsor4

Jul 09

2wheelsor4 says:

qinz

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it makes to no sense to the rest of the known universe. Your point on Jorge being very fast is justified. He ran Stoner much closer last year than he had any right to on a slower bike.

But faster than Rossi? You cannot answer that with a stop watch and that was Rossi's point and in my opinion one of the main driving forces for him to leave Yamaha. Why did Yamaha hire Rossi in first place? I think the point of how fast he can ride a bike was only part of it. The main reason was he and his team can develop a bike into the best on the grid. This they did with Yamaha being best bike on grid until last year.

Jorge was fast on Rossi's bike. Would Jorge and Yamaha have won the championship in 2010 without Rossi being in the team? No. And from recent test it looks like Ducati have a bike both Hayden and Rossi can fight for podiums and hopefully wins for from round one.

This is why you often see race teams (cars and bikes) with a super fast young rider/driver and one old hand who to some can look a little slow. But its the experience of the older rider who makes the bike/car as fast as it is for the younger faster team mate to win. Edwards has had a fabulous career but stayed on the Tech 3 Yamaha a little longer than lap times would warrent, but thats because he is proven bike developer.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices