Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN February 8: Rossi returns General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN February 8: Rossi returns

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN February 8: Rossi returns

In this week's issue of MCN, on sale Wednesday February 8, we have all the news from the first MotoGP test of 2012 at Sepang. Rossi was back on the pace on the all-new Ducati GP12, and Stoner continued where he left off in 2011 - at the top.  Also in this week's MCN we reveal Aprilia's new Caponord 1200. Aprilia's new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 February 2012 11:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Rossi

Chill out guys, you know the paper is just banging on about a story you will all bite on (and you did).

What happens, happens, lets just see when the racing starts. This is just first practice.

Hey you know it is a light journalistic week when they wheel out a Kawasaki rocket against a bimmer which is ok fast and a Suzuki which they stopped making years ago. No surprise on the outcome here.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

rossi all the way for me how many other riders have won on 125/250/500/990/800 if they get that ducati going well think he be up there anychance of a bit on this year bsb is it all evo bikes now that should sort the men from the boys

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

SundayRoast...err?

"Hey you know it is a light journalistic week when they wheel out a Kawasaki rocket against a bimmer which is ok fast and a Suzuki which they stopped making years ago. No surprise on the outcome here."

Not sure what you mean about the road test of the new Kawasaki ZZR1400 against the BMW K1300S and Suzuki GSX-R1300 Hayabusa in this week's paper. All three are current models being built to this very day and on sale in dealers in the UK and around the world.

The Kawasaki is the newest model but both the BMW and Suzuki are still available and have been updated with new colours for this year too.

Are there other bikes you think would have been better placed to go up against the Kawasaki rather than the two we consider the only real rivals.

Regards

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

>"But faster than Rossi? You cannot answer that with a stop watch"

Actually, you can.  velocity = distance / time.  They all go the same distance, right?  So the one who covers it in the shortest time went the fastest.  They've built a whole sport around that. FACT.

Reply to this Topic
2wheelsor4

Jul 09

2wheelsor4 says:

Rogerborg

If all you have to do is get a stop watch out to see who is fastest why dont they hand out the silver wear after qualifying? Maybe there is more to being fast? Setting up bike for the race whilst still getting a decent enough qualifying position, having the bike and rider look after the tyres, or how about race craft, passing at right point etc? Like I said, fast is nto all about the stop watch.

Points above often forgotten by some works riders.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Where's JoeKing

JoeKing are you out there?

Only Ducati seemed to have ditched the carbon fibre frame. Bearing in mind you mis understood what I was saying about flex and the use of carbon fibre in planes and F1 cars, I'll let you off but in case you have forgotten........

"kl595.. from your post I assume your engineering expertise(?) is restricted to railroading as your knowledge of carbon-fiber applications is non-existant.

Carbon-fiber IS most definitely used in airplanes. You might familiarize yourself with the Airbus A380, A400M & Boeing's 787. These ARE the state of the art & mostly composite...especially the wings. You are also wrong in your understanding of F1 chassis dynamics as F1 chassis most definitely DO have flex built into the structure to improve feel. The Cf frame(s) in the Ducati CAN & do have "engineered" flex & the new "flex" frame demonstrates cf's versatility. Ducati had handling ills long before the advent of this frame.

Did you ever see a modern (cf) tennis raquet? Think "feel" might be important in that sport? Ever ride a cf bicycle? Aluminum racing bicycles were phased out years ago.

"Every force has an equal & opposite reaction"..what are you on about? I see your education(?) didn't pass the 8th grade. Ever hear about better being thought a fool & not speaking, then writing an ill-informed post & removing all doubt?"

LOL. No need for apologies, I've sent you a large slice of humble pie in the post for you to digest. Don't choke on the crumbs fella.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

zzr1400

i am going to buy one of them 14r's

hyperbike that comfortable and handles a bit perfect

and at 1441cc everything else is a chicken chaser lolololollolooloolllllllll

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Finally concluded that MCN is much like the sun but with no T**s and catchy headlines.

Roosi on the pace, Sepang reignites rossi's fire......that will be his rice burner then.

and the "review" of the 1199 is like reading a teenagers comic.

Come on MCN up the quality at least so we can feel it.

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

2wheels or4

Ahaha :) `...why dont they hand out the silver wear after qualifying?` Probably because it would `wear out` too soon, init? And people would get weary even before the race, you spelling weardo !! ;)

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Rossi eh?

Ducatigav -- how about Mike Hailwood, he won in 125,250,350,500,650,750 classes - sometimes three or four of 'em in the same day...and before you come back with "slower", I'll give you less efficient engines, dreadful brakes etc. Here's a little factoid for you in 1967 Hailwood won the 250's at 103 mph; the 350's at 104 mph; and the Seniot, the 500's at 106 mph. Now that is consistency. Oh, and of course Rossi doesn't have the balls for the TT does he? Even though he was "plucky" enough to run Capirossi off the track to win a title...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle