Skip to content

Ask an Expert Flexible Insurance - Mixed Overnight Location Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Flexible Insurance - Mixed Overnight Location

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Theo1000

Feb 12

Theo1000 says:

Flexible Insurance - Mixed Overnight Location

Is there an insurance policy that deals with the following?

I keep my bike in a locked garage at work 97% of the time. However, in the Summer I use it at weekends and therefore it spends the occasional night chained up on the street outside my house. My insurance is for a 'locked garage' - correct 97% of the time - but means I'm not covered when it's outside my house (albeit rarely). If I say the overnight location is always 'on the street' then that's not strictly true (would it be covered 'away from home' months in a row, when in the work garage?) and I'd also pay loads more for that cover.

To add to the above, I don't use it for commuting - but technically on a Friday evening in the summer (when I take it home from the garage) I am. (I therefore 'commute' maybe 30 times a year on it)

Online forms don't tend to cater for the above. Does anyone know of an insurance company that would ensure I'm always covered?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 February 2012 15:21)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Flexible Insurance

You are not going to be able to answer your question via a comparison or insurance website.  You need to speak to a broker to properly explain your circumstances.  I am not sure that, if you have a garage, that the bike not covered away from home.  In the case of most policies, the bike is covered away from home.  However, if it IS at home but not in the garage (if you have declared that it is usually kept in one) overnight there is no coverage.     

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices