Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA MV Agusta F3 first ride: "tiny, loud and angry" F3 675

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > F3 675 > MV Agusta F3 first ride: "tiny, loud and angry"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MV Agusta F3 first ride: "tiny, loud and angry"

MCN's senior road tester Michael Neeves is in the south of France for the official launch of the new 675cc MV Agusta F3. It's a critical bike for MV – because it's relatively affordable (at £9999 it's in the same ball-park as rivals) and it could open up a whole new market to them. But, clearly, it has to work. Unfortunately, the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 February 2012 09:32)

Post a message in F3 675

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@stavros012008

Has is not occured to you that it's not cause you fit on a bike that you fit on all bikes? I fit on a small FZ6 but don't on a Huge B-King... Some bikes have an edge on the tank where your knee usually fits under it, if you have long legs, that edge is in the way and preventing from having the necessary legroom to brake and shift. On some bikes the tank has a design where it doesnt matter where the knee meets the tank. It's simply the leg room that's the issue (for your roof comment). Go sit on a B-King come back to tell us how it fit you like a glove...

Still can't believe some people argu when they don't know what they are talking about...If you can fit on those bikes good for you. I think I'm old enough to know when I don't have the leg room required to ride more then 10km at a time. I've probably tried over 75 bike models in my life, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Reply to this Topic
AussieMike

Feb 12

AussieMike says:

speedo007

If you can't fit a B king have you considered fitting rear-sets to give the the adjustability and leg room required?

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

speedo, aussieMike, Rearsets...

Yep - i fitted rearsets to my Triumph Sprint - i liked the bike so much it was worth modding to make it fit me. the guys at the triumph dearlership told me there's more than one set of holes in the footrest hangers and you can unbolt the footpegs and move them back, then you only need to buy a longer shift adjuster tie-bar and a shorter brake actuator + brakelight spring. total cost less than £30. thanks Triumph!

I get the feeling this thread is moving away from the beautiful F3 pictured above, so I'll shut up now :)

Baz

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@AussieMike

I've bought 5 new bikes in the past 5 years. There's enough options out there that I just go: "f**k it" and buy another brand/model instead. Rear sets are often 4-500$ and usually you either compromise on ground clearance or leg position. If MV are reading this, please keep this in mind for your next bikes, I was drooling all over the brutale 675...but sitting on the 1090 and seeing how all their tanks are similiar (that top edge) it got kicked off my christmas list. Too bad cause it will be a Street Triple killer...

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

It's ironic that MCN describes it as tiny, load and angry.

I would imagine the customer base will be tiny, and the ones they have will be loud and angry when it spends most of it's time back at the dealers being fixed.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

F3 Report

Report on the first day, what has happened since? Do we have to wait until next Wednesday to find out?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

wings - i've had 3 years of faultless MV ownership ..... so no, not angry at all, quite the opposite in fact!

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Why ??????

do they keep building ROAD bikes that are more race than track. ?????? What good is it in the real world that it,s being sold to (the road). Who wants to wring it,s neck just to make it go. A Burgman would leave it for dust at the lights if not for the most skilled clutch merchant.  Daytona and gixxer have more power , NUFF said.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

@v2kiwi  not everyone buys bikes because they are good on the road or cause we want to commute to work and ride it in all weathers......  some of us buy bikes because they are fun, shiny and a little diffrent (yes, we like to look at our selves in shop windows).  This F3 is very shiny but yes, it will most probably spend most of its life back with the dealer being fixed for one thing or another and if you do decide you want to track it, make sure you have an authorised mechanic on hand to service is straight afterwards.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

And the reason for your comment chriswren is? Past history? Just remember Skoda cars

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle