Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati Panigale first ride: 'Like no Ducati I've ridden' 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati Panigale first ride: 'Like no Ducati I've ridden'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ducati Panigale first ride: 'Like no Ducati I've ridden'

UPDATE, 11 Feb, 15:10"We're midway through our day riding the new Panigale and it continues to impress. The 195bhp Superquadro engine is hugely impressive with just the right amount of usable torque to fly out of the corners and monster power for devouring the straights. "Everything from the suspension, engine braking, traction control, ABS and god knows what else is adjustable,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 February 2012 15:10)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

Ok - i'm not a big fan of the Pringle, mainly cos I think its not quite finished. Give it a year or two and they will bring a neater more polished version out. That said - good on ducati (and KTM and MV etc etc) for at least trying something new. I've kinda lost interest in the gixersakiblades these days as they are all just a bit dull and interchangeable. Yes they generally have better headline figures but that is only any good for bragging rights down the pub or for full-on track/road racing. I've got my fantastic, reliable CBR and love it to bits but it's the european bikes with their stand-out looks, epic soundtrack, cracking rideability that really bring the fun.

Reply to this Topic
Monty777

Aug 08

Monty777 says:

Ducati Panigale

So Gixercarl "the testing ground for all good road bikes is the TT, never see them , dont see mcguiness or guy fighting to get on one, no the ducati road heritage are built on lies lies and more lies"

You have obviously never heard of Mike Hailwood then-won the TT in 1978-on a Ducati-or how about Tony Rutter-won TT's in the early 1980's-on Ducati's...................

As for your comment about them cheating in WSB-then you obviously agree that Honda must have been cheating in 2002 when Colin Edwards won on the VTR1000 SP2-or does that not count because they are a Japanese manufacturer??

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

WOW

Elefantman got a bight off MCN website staff Andy Downs!!!

Welcome to the banter Andy :-)

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Banter

I'm all up for some banter but I draw the line at something that I consider to be unnecessary and, more importantly, not true. Just because this is a free-to-access website doesn't mean there aren't rules to adhere to.

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Banter!

Then Andy think you need to look at:- Sepang test: Stoner ends first pre-season test on top
By Liam Marsden -
MotoGP
02 February 2012 10:08

paceystacy comments way past the line Iwould say.

COZ69

MCN customer

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Yes we are aware of this and have been deleting both posts and user profiles as a result.

If anyone thinks things are getting out of hand we need to know about it because it's extremely difficult to keep a check on all posts, forums and news stories all the time. All you have to do if find an MCN staff contact and let us know and we can act.

Thanks

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
daudkhan

Aug 02

daudkhan says:

Well they say it was international press launch but the real fact it was all hush hush, not a word to the local media or local fan club. No one from the local region / media knew anything about this? A BIG black mark for Ducati in the region and they want good sales for the brand.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Unstable

seen more video's of the panigale, even with troy bayliss but that thing look very unstable.!! that thing shake's his head everywere!! i hope for more riders that not only ausie people can ride frameless bikes!! its 200cc to much and to unstable.

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Ducati`s

Ducati`s are a great bike and well worth the dosh if you have it, in a world where only jap bikes were on sale life would be boring.

My only concern about bikes like the Panigale is that they are so race developed that 90% of bikers would never have the skills to ride the dukes anywhere near to max. and in trying to reach even 75% of the bikes max performance you could do yourself serious harm.

I have been riding bikes for 52 years or so starting at 10 so I have an understanding of what I can do on a bike on all sufaces and I would kill myself trying to reach max on a bike like this. I know this bike is not for an old git but thought I would put my two pennies worth in

Andy

Reply to this Topic
Mortalc01l

Feb 11

Mortalc01l says:

GixxerCarl:  So you hate Ducati and from your previous comments, you also hate BMW S1000RR's....  Is there anything you don't hate?

Ducatis are brilliant Bikes.. I have owned a few, I also own a BMW S1000RR and have a Panigale Tricolore coming in March/April... So hate away my jealous little Man, hate away.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices