Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati Panigale first ride: 'Like no Ducati I've ridden' 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati Panigale first ride: 'Like no Ducati I've ridden'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ducati Panigale first ride: 'Like no Ducati I've ridden'

UPDATE, 11 Feb, 15:10"We're midway through our day riding the new Panigale and it continues to impress. The 195bhp Superquadro engine is hugely impressive with just the right amount of usable torque to fly out of the corners and monster power for devouring the straights. "Everything from the suspension, engine braking, traction control, ABS and god knows what else is adjustable,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 February 2012 15:10)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Pan'o'Girls

Wow! "I love the smell of testosterone in the evening!", to paraphrase Kilgore (Apocalypse Now). What are you all like?! Firstly I remember Italian iron when it really was bloody unreliable, Ducati's had chocolate cams, and paint always fell off the products from all marques and the electrics packed in after about 2 minutes; but like Fastbiker says, even then they were still lovely. I have never known something I wanted more than an MV Agusta 750 America. I rode my mate's Morini 350S when I was dallying with Japanese iron, it was particularly well sorted and although "slow" by modern standards, it was so well sorted you could make real progress. To this day I can't remember a bike that I have ridden that has handled better. All you blokes with your R1's, Blades and GSXR's make me wonder - I could never have ridden something so fast as to actually do it justice; all of today's motorcycles are a lot more able than I am! Let's perhaps just agree that we all like different stuff - I love 2 strokes, and twins and triples either 2 or 4 stroke for instance, probably why I have a Norton and Tiger; but I never did get singles, and even though I had a few fours I thought they were way too efficient, you'd be dead before you were even aware that you'd missed the apex!! As for the journo's - being honest I'm just dead jealous, nobody ever asked an ugly old bloke like me to ride a bike for money - except when I was despatching. The Pan'o'Girls? Well we'll see how good it is soon enough, but it seems to me that it really is a race bike, and if viewed as such it makes sense. I'm not sure I appreciate the over-square extra short stroke nature of the engine, but in the end there is nothing really new in there, only stuff that is new to Ducati perhaps. Good luck to 'em and can I have a MultiPass now please?! :) Peace brothers...

Reply to this Topic
GasmanDan

Dec 10

GasmanDan says:

Banter Gixercarl/Neevesy/Andy Downes

Blimey, Gixercarl!  Love your comments . . . usually.  BUT I think Andy Downes shouldn't have needed to express concern at our comments today.  At the end of the day we are all here and reading because of a passion for the same darn thing.  I am seeing bike people vilifying a struggling companies latest effort/offering!!  I don't particularly like it, but I love the fact it's here.  Neevesy gives us his best 'opinion' to reference.  I aint going to splosh megabux out to confirm I dont like it but its nice to hear from someone who rode it.  He gives the good AND not so good on MCN you tube reviews.  Come on chaps, there are millions of car drivers who want to bite our heads off.  Lets not form a queue behind them.  =o)

x

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hey chaps ...

gixercarl is not real .. just a stooge. Nobody with half a brain would spout so much guff.

Reply to this Topic
Hollywoodstig

Feb 12

GixxerCarl - Carl Short (of brains presumably...)

Mate (actually no not mate) Tool, If you are too poor to afford a Ducati then don't come on to Ducati forums posting ill informed crap just to get a rise out of the rest of us. BMW S1000rr is mint, had one for a couple of years you really should try one... Oh sorry you tried but the BMW Mottorad dealer obviously clocked you as a bit of a peasant on your Peugeot Speedfighter (GSXR my arse..) and told you to go away. On a final note we all know the reason you want a Kawasaki (which is a bit odd given the whole 'GSXR' name them thing) is the 0% finance they offer!! Ps. They want 30% up front though and a half decent credit rating so that's you out of the question then ;0) And by the way Neevesey owned you a moment ago chicken strip boy, so thanks for giving us all a giggle I'm just off out in the Porsche to run over a peasant or two so try not to get in my way sweetie xx

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Can you fit a topbox? I wish i had the talent and fitness to exploit such kit. I have the money for such a bike - but i'm too tired, old and dull witted to make the best of it. Progress is a wonder. Just a shame i can't upgrade my body and mind for a carbon fibre / titanium quad core special..

Reply to this Topic
bigprick

Mar 06

bigprick says:

Keep up the good work, Neevesy!

I always thoroughly enjoy your reviews and I'm sure this one will not be an exception.

Reply to this Topic
aa4vans

Mar 09

aa4vans says:

Gixercarl

One word o'hh sorry two words for this Tool - CHICKEN STRIPS. Maybe he should change his user name, to this, just think i'll say it again ' Chicken Strips. Gosh thats well funny Neevsey, good comment!!

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

1098 owner

GIXERCARL I'm a mug am I for owning a Duke, im a show off am I for owning a Duke. Actually no I'm not, I'm just not a shitty Japenese sheep. Ducati a shit road bike don't make me laugh. Like you know what your on about lol. I respect any rider and the bikes they choose to ride as to me a bike is a bike but you are plain and simply just a fool.

Reply to this Topic
Barmbyduke

Jan 12

Barmbyduke says:

1198 owner, Gixercarl, I'm asuming you've ridden a Ducati? if not you should try the experience you may change your opinion and be a nicer chap?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yep....

gixercarl sure strikes a nerve with real bikers....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices