Skip to content

Discuss This Is this the UK's only Munch Mammoth General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is this the UK's only Munch Mammoth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Westlake  says:

Is this the UK's only Munch Mammoth

When it comes to classics they don't get much rarer - or wilder - than the Munch Mammut (or Mammoth in English). Unveiled at the 1966 Cologne show, the Mammoth was the creation of German engineer Friedl Munch, whose dream was to build the most fantastic motorcycle in the world. With financial backing fromAmerican workshop-manuals millionaire Floyd Clymer, he arguably achieved just that. Using...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 February 2012 15:36)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JKF011

Oct 11

JKF011 says:

MUNCH MAMMOTH

I just saw and sat on (!) TWO at a small BMW dealer outside of Atlanta, GA. One is a '69, original, but for some cafe racer touches (like a toaster tank) that appear to be period. The other is a immaculated restored '72. I think both are for sale at Blue Moon Cycles, Norcoess, GA. http://bluemooncycle.com/. Bikes are not on their "For Sale" page but I was assured they are for sale but I'd expect high 5 $  figures at least.

Reply to this Topic
vachequipis

Dec 11

vachequipis says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHHV5UjIRE

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I remember seeing a Munch travelling up the M2 as a teenager, it made quite an impression on me. I also test rode an Amazonas tourer many years ago, which was a VW engined beastie. Times and bikes have changed a lot since then! Still like the Munch though, that and the Van Veen OCR.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

70,s-80s

late70s early 80s one at the iom tt i was a pillion on 1  totaly smooth

then i 82 iom gp got to ride one  it had a turbo as std fell in luv but price

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale