Skip to content

Discuss This PR Kawasaki seek Andrews’ replacement British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > PR Kawasaki seek Andrews’ replacement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

PR Kawasaki seek Andrews’ replacement

PR Racing Kawasaki are seeking a replacement for Simon Andrews in BSB after they parted company at the weekend PR team owner John Jameson told MCN: “There’s been a concern over Simon’s fitness. He should have had the cage off the leg he injured at Snetterton last year in November, but it’s not now coming off until the end of February.” The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 February 2012 16:17)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Dodgy ?

I hope it works out for him but Honda do have a habit of stabbing their riders in the back if it does not work out ?

but if it does work out he will do brilliant

Good luck to him

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Riders

Please get a young top gun on that bike asap, where is the young talent, that zx10r is deadly in the right hands.

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

i always thought honda employed the best riders and not always had the best bikes ... they employ riders of road bias origin..they let them race in bsb whove never really done well just to keep them on the books for the isle of man ...yeah westy should go well if he got the ride ..is mccoy still racing lol

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

don't know if it's journalistic licence on MCN's part, but clearly this has nothing to do with SA fitness, and everything to do with riding a Honda.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

It would have been nice to see Simon back on a Kawasaki in BSB - but PR Kawasaki asking him to concentrate on what he signed to do seems 100 percent reasonable in the circumstances.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

westy

Ant West - big bike experience, great chap, always gets let down, deserves the ride. !!!

Reply to this Topic
jeffers916

Jan 11

jeffers916 says:

Not Andrews call!

Sorry but I can't see Andrews jumping when he said he's a better rider with miles under his belt.

What I find strange is PR Racing making a statement to “release Andrews from his contract”, anyone spoken to Andrews? Surely there would only be two meeting that would clash? If I was Mason I would be a little worried that the team do not have the funding to complete the season!

PR Racing had signed two top riders that would be in the top ten, who would make podiums and now to change at such a late stage is very odd, to have a TT Legend in your team, think of the coverage you would have?

I believe it's the teams call and not Andrews, this appears desperation by the team. No doubt PR are seeking funding from a second rider, this does not fill me with confidences and smacks of PR Racing shooting itself in the foot.

PR Racing, be careful you are beginning to look more like Glasgow Rangers, secure your sponsors! Unfortunately I hope your actions don’t make you one of the first teams to collapse in 2012 because of the lack of finance due to rider selection!

I will watch the teams performance or lack of it with interest, as soon a Andrews was out last year the team fell apart like a cheap watch!

Reply to this Topic
Jones12

Feb 12

Jones12 says:

PR Statement

Jeffers, I can understand your concerns, but in the PR statement Simon was released from his commitments, not his contract. It appears quite clear in their statement that a rider who cannot start the season cannot jump in when they like. Also, it will be difficult to be a contender later on, for example, at the showdown if you are not there for all the rounds. Remember, Simon still has his cage on, so if he is not race fit and therefore, starts the season before he is both physically and mentally ready (after being cleared by BSB) how safe will he be. I also see the conflict between manufactures. As with all goings on in the BSB paddock what we (as the public) do not know we make up. I find your financial statement a bit disrespectful (unless you know something we do not). Last year PR was on the track and performing well on a new bike until Simon had his accident, don’t forget they also won the privateers cup in 2006 on a bike without many of the trick bits. So with Gary (and another) I would not be surprised if they did not ‘pull it out of the bag’. Did Swan not release Hutchy due to injury and therefore, he could not start the season?

Reply to this Topic
jeffers916

Jan 11

jeffers916 says:

No Facts

Benny, I don’t know if you have any contact with Andrews or PR Racing, but it would be good to set the story straight would it not?

For my own part I am truly sorry if I have upset any one, which was not my intention, I just want to see the sport I love continue in these tough conditions, we all know it’s down to raising the funds.

Like you I am a bike fan and merely express my opinion the same as you and it won’t be a surprise that I still disagree with you!

I don’t believe PR was not fully aware of the discussions Andrews was holding with Honda, it’s inconceivable for PR not to be in the loop. For all we know PR could have made this call without consulting Andrews? 

We only have one side of the story which will not allow us to make an informed assessment of what happened unless you’re in receipt of the full facts from both parties?

There are always two sides to every story, Andrews and Hutchinson are both professionals and to their credit are holding their council, I wish both riders all the very best for 2012, I also wish PR Racing a good year but still contend it will be a very steep learning curve for the team to operate successfully a two man team, but that’s just my opinion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle