Skip to content

Discuss This MCN and Eurosport bring bike racing straight to your PC General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN and Eurosport bring bike racing straight to your PC

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ped Baker  says:

MCN and Eurosport bring bike racing straight to your PC

MCN has teamed up with TV channel British Eurosport to bring you a fantastic deal on its online media player. For just £29.99 per year you can now get all the races from World Superbikes, British Superbikes and MotoGP rounds straight to you your PC. As well as all the action from the world’s top bike racing championships you’ll also...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 February 2012 10:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ajdubas

Feb 12

ajdubas says:

ChimneyPortions

I assume by Luddite you mean a backwards person unwilling to embrace new technology? Like someone who still pays for satellite television and has an ugly satellite dish on the side of their home, when TV can be streamed from the internet on demand for a fraction of the cost of Sky?

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

I've used Eurosport Player for a couple of years now and it's very good.  Why pay £20/month for Sky, if you're mainly interested in bike racing and you can watch Eurosport Player online for less than £3/month? 

The quality is good and the HD looks near perfect on a laptop.  Not bad either when connected to a TV via an HDMI cable.

Plus, they have loads of videos on demand if you missed something, although annoyingly these videos don't always have commentary.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Chimney Potions a SKY Insider

Sounds like Chimney Portions is some of SKY insider or lackey....Personally you can shove SKY where the sun dont shine....Rupert Murdoch is another global media dictator who's empire needs to be dismantled...yes you have a choice whether to subscribe (in theory at least,) but can you cope without your 'fix',? Thats where the brainwashing comes into play...clever marketing

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

So with this I can keep my rubbish Freeview channels and get bike sport for £3 a month or I can buy Sky with its rubbish freeview channels and a Sports package and pay £30 a month. Cheapskate? Luddite? That ChimneyPortions is a foolish geek.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Hhmmmm!!!

Sounds reasonble to this luddite (I choose not to get SKY because I definately DON'T want my subscritpion going to overpriced football players or supporting that idiotic sport.) £30 for the year  means that they'll be getting little from me but I'll be able to see this years bike racing plus the Dakar rally etc.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

ChimneyPortions

£30 a year for a channel that shows something I actually want to watch - motorbike racing, or £20-£30 a month to feed a corparate entity that is a stench on this world? Yeah I'll take the £30 a year and the motorbike racing thanks.

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Really

Are there really that many people who don't have Sky.

Why so much anti SKY feeling.

Reply to this Topic
formotorbikes

Jan 11

iPad/iPhone vs PC/Mac versions

Be aware that if you subscribe to the iPad/iPhone version, your subscription isn't valid for the PC/Mac version, and visa versa. Choose wisely. Nearly got caught out by this myself.

Reply to this Topic
vstrombandit

Sep 09

vstrombandit says:

Sky

Chimney - just did a random survey of the office here. 30 out of 50 don't have SKY, of the remaining 20 - 8 are getting ot of their contracts and going onto other providors, 4 are thinking about it. I personally haven't got SKY as don't have time to watch much Feeview stuff, let alone SKY, tend to go to a pub with my friends to watch sport, and am out most weekends on my Vstrom or with the missus etc. SKY is old hat now, with people being able to pick one or 2 things they want to watch via streaming media and subscribing to them rather than having to take a package that basically just gives you a bunch of American rubbish. The sun is starting to set on the SKY empire.

As an FYI - the 8 who are leaving said they were surprised that the sales people at SKY didn't seem to bothered in trying to keep them with cheaper packages etc. One even said he felt like they just don't give a monkey's.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Flash and PS3 ?

Bah!!,.. Who the hell develops streaming video with Silverlight these days!? Flash has a higher penetrable market demograph... not to mention it means you could target all the PS3 owners!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices