Skip to content

DUCATI Video: Onboard a Ducati 1199 Panigale with Neil Hodgson 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Video: Onboard a Ducati 1199 Panigale with Neil Hodgson

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Onboard a Ducati 1199 Panigale with Neil Hodgson

2003 World Superbike champion Neil Hodgson was at the Ducati 1199 Panigale launch in Abu Dhabi and was kind enough to let MCN bolt-on some onboard cameras during one of his sessions. The Panigale is an all-new bike from Ducati, making a claimed 195bhp from the 'Superquadro' V-twin engine. The new bike features a wealth of electronic rider aids, including ABS, traction control,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 February 2012 11:10)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shallwedance

Aug 11

shallwedance says:

new duke

looks like it come close to bottoming the forks out there

Reply to this Topic
norton1

Aug 07

norton1 says:

2 wheels

front and back wheel, what about the rest of the bike?????

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

hmmm

I'm guessing he got his knee down, as I couldn't see him do much at all.  This bike's probably more powerful and quicker than the bikes hodgson rode in 2003!

Anyway, does it flex?  That's all we care about!

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Whole lot of headshake going on

It didn't sound like the engine spins up particularly fast. Then I watched it again and noticed the rubber tearing off the rear tire. Probably more bike than I'd ever use on the street. Nice job Neil, you're still ace.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

happylemon

happymelon666 has a good point, does it flex maybe its all up to electronic aids that gives you convidence. the gp 11 11.1 etc all fail to. lets see were it stands in battle were you have to push just that little harder.....and lose the front.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Sweet jesus

That's a very menacing sounding Ducati, I didn't hear much electronic intervention going on but maybe that's because I was transfixed by the front forks getting a work-out.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

@norton1

Pahaha your comment made me laugh, video recording a bike with onboard cams looks pretty crap i'd imagine...the wheels forks and rider are all that move relative to the bike! It'd just be like watching a picture of a bike with changing background

Reply to this Topic
OUR GEE

Aug 02

OUR GEE says:

Refering to New Duke's comment on the Forks nearly bottoming out, Neil's first comment after his ride was "Change the Forks", then he remembered he was a "Racer" and that this was a road bike !!.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Rossi

I would like to know what Rossi thinks of the bike after riding it. and tel us what he thinks of the front and how its different to the GP11 11.1 etc.

Reply to this Topic
agent55

Nov 10

agent55 says:

Mmm gold tubes

Makes me want a set of Ohlins...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN