Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace

Former world champion Jorge Lorenzo is the latest high profile rider to express concerns about the huge gulf in lap times between the factory 1000cc prototypes and new CRT machinery. The Spaniard got his first experience of riding on track with the new CRT bikes during the first Sepang test in Malaysia earlier this month. The CRT machines are based on highly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 February 2012 10:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

Not surprised at all

The Yamaha has been in continual development for nearly 10 years now. The CRT bikes ( apart from Colins ) have been built in within the last few months with zero testing as such.

It needs a year at least for these bikes to progress to anywhere near the same level, within 2 secs maybe.

The only surprise might be RDP on the Aprilia CRT, that could be very handy....who knows, but i can't wait to find out!

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Bit harsh Jorge. Sepang is a long lap so 5 secs will be 3 or less at most tracks. The MotoGP bikes will undoubtedly end up lapping CRT guys this year but they will just have to deal with it same as the frontrunners in most series.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Very true Benny it is early days but I do hope the CRT bikes are competitive by the time the season begins.

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Log jam

This could be a pain in the arse for the front runners to lap the CRT chaps and make a chicane kind of effect, and it could be a bit dangerous. The only good thing is going to be a wet race to level the playing field.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ah yes a bit of slipperiness to level the playing field

Can anyone actually tell me when this has ever happened recently outside of McWilliams and West sticking their necks out a little more than the regulars. Which were just as much an anomaly as Elias or say Checa winning GP's in the dry.

Just an old wives tale.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

waste of money,

just to protect the series they pull down perfectly good superbikes that ahem would do the same or better times as crt's just to call in moto gp, joke, world supers at least now still has some credability.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Sounds about right

I would expect that they would be this far off the pace as they are in the very early stages of development. It's making a bike with an engine from one source a frame from another electronics from another and then making them work together, at some point they will come together and it will be a matter of chasing 10ths rather than whole seconds. By end of season next year there will be a more level playing field. 

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

The timeframe

from rule definition to bike prep and race prep is what, 2 years. Ok so Ducati have 'build' a new bike over the winter, though that has come from many many years of experience and last seasons dickin about to get there.

Its too early for the CRT's to be on track and show performance equal (or in the same field) as prototypes so where can they test - dont forget the Moto2 and Moto3 bikes had dispensation to run in the spanish championship to get upto speed. Maybe with the same rights holders the CRTs should have had a year of WSBK (or BSB) racing to get the race time needed to close the gap... 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nostro not surprised at the slow pace of Rossi

Sorry to intrude Mr Lorenzo but I'm sure you'll agree with the long yellow streak himself.

http://superbikeplanet.com/2012/Feb/120215a.htm

"For me, now, Lorenzo and Stoner also ride better than me, but maybe with Pedrosa and Spies it is not impossible, you know?" Rossi said.

So there you go Yellow Oompa Loompa's that should make you cough out a few cornies. Rossi to his credit is honest enough to say what I've been saying for over a year, he hasn't lost it, he's simply been surpassed by better riders.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

If he is,,

,,suprised (which I doubt - he is just being diplomatic) then he is the only one. CRT's are nothing more than bespoke superbikes strangled by fuel restrictions pitted against cost-be-dammed one of a kind race machines. hmmmm, now whos' the tool who though lap times would be close? And after fine tuning and upgreades, they won't be within 10 seconds per lap at some tracks. Stoner's right too, when the real bikes start lapping the CRTs by lap 10, it will get dangerous. run all CRTs or run all gp machines,, but they will never be the same. Sack Carmello !!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle