Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace

Former world champion Jorge Lorenzo is the latest high profile rider to express concerns about the huge gulf in lap times between the factory 1000cc prototypes and new CRT machinery. The Spaniard got his first experience of riding on track with the new CRT bikes during the first Sepang test in Malaysia earlier this month. The CRT machines are based on highly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 February 2012 10:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

small company that spent billions $ of other company's money with no results at all. and they put innocents face and idiots excuses that lots of his fans believe it. and still till now blaming stoner.

They can blame Stoner all they want but they don't realise he was the only rider who could tame that beast and win on it apart from him Loris is the only second rider to have won it Motegi 2007 Hayden is their second best rider.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

CRT BIKES

Why dont they do away with the prototype bikes and put all the riders on crt bikes.Surely this would make the racing safer and more competitive.. All so crt bikes are alot nearer the bikes we mortals ride on the road. plus you would have a lot more bikes on the grid or is this just to easy.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I would stop watching if they only had CRT bikes. I want to see the best bike a manufacturer can build not some dulled down bike . The prototypes technollogy eventually filter down to our bikes what good would restricting bike manufacturers R&D departments do for our passion. Dorna is at fault for the lack of bikes on the grid . Ilmor , KR and even Yamaha struggle to get Sponsorship . How many teams have failed to stay in Moto Gp Kawasaki,Suzuki,KR,Ilmor,Aprillia . Dorna has taken a successful series that travelled to tracks all over the world with alot of riders from around the world to a Spanish and Italian cup

Reply to this Topic
Al660

Feb 12

Al660 says:

3 seconds a lap over  25 +laps is getting on for a minute and a half and thats for the best of the CRT riders, it will be like watching a two class start at a club meeting, fine if you pay a tenner to get in and have 20 odd races but for the "premier" class of bikesport is that good enough? If want to watch more "real world " bikes we have WSBK which IMHO is a better value day out, not so many prima donna`s(except Max !!) 

Al.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

ratchetman

How does changing the type of bike make a series safer? Which bit is less bike or more safe on a CRT? By my reckoning about the only class of "safe" bike sport ie people don't get killed or badly injured too often is trials but I imagine there's not much difference between a good highside on track or falling 20 odd ft off an obstacle especially when there's a bike coming at you. More bikes = more safe is also a bit imaginary, more bikes will equal more risk which may equal more "safe" somewhere but not in my head.

I don't reckon all the CRT's will be in a different race and with some regulation jiggery pokery in their favour (which is guaranteed to happen) at least a few will be bothering the top 10 at various points. Another 3 litres in the Aprilia is quite an exciting proposition for me and if Carmelo makes it 5 the bike will be the fastest thing out there. I wonder how much foresight went into the RSV4 and I'm guessing at least some did so the 'Priller has some way to go yet. I've said a few times that the RS3 Cube was the bike for me but never blossomed into its full potential because it was an unruly and slightly possessed beast, so you can bet Aprilia have been learning and they'll be wanting to give Ducati something to think about too.  

Bikes like the BQR Kawasaki were never likely to have much hope ever anyway but the team guaranteed it by signing riders with even less chance. Moto2 had better offerings than most of the new riders, Thomas Luthi being one. but they've picked relative unknowns (for me at least) like Ivan Silva and Danilo Petrucci (?) and, erm, James Ellison (??), add to those the as yet unconfirmed riders and you have to wonder who Andrea Iannone is.

Sorry to knock Ellison but who honestly thinks he stands a better chance this time? He has previous experience of being crap on a crap CRT bike when CRT was the most evil thing in existence for Carmelo which is not a better CV than either Bradley or Scott have. A lot of the issue with CRT is the quality of the riders.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

PRACTISE

may be a little dangerous yes, but not the actual racing. Pretty easy to pass someone who is so much slower than you are. No need for those blue flags IMO, bikes moving off line or slowing can really muck it up for those trying to pass. I quite look forward to seeing Stoner having to get past three or four bikes on the tenth lap instead of just pissing off into the distance, give the others a chance to catch up.

Separate sessions for CRT and factory bikes would make practise safer, only have to find an extra hour of track time for that,  and then all out for a superpole session late on saturday, just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

crts have to be quicker than wsbk whether they can do that with the rather bizarre tyres dorna have allowed bs to manufacture on the cheap is another matter.. the gp bikes are having enough trouble with them. maybe a 2nd tier tyre to go with the 2nd tier bikes??

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Give em orange bibs.....

Bit unfair to judge the performance of the Kawasaki's on the strength of it's riders, who have shown little to no promise even in the moto2 class. Put these guys on a factory bike and I'm pretty sure they would still be a handful of seconds behind Stoner. Edwards is a better yardstick, he and BMW were left in no doubt that they have serious work to do. The problem will be encouraging an up and coming rider to risk his future by taking a ride on a noncompetitive bike in motoGP or be a winner in Moto2...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I agree with you vtwin take a look at Elias he will never get a ride in Moto GP  again and that was on a inferior sattelite bike

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

CRT Issues

There are two major problem

The first is the lack of development.
Moto2 and Moto3 has a year of race development in the Spanish championship before debuting on the worldstage - the CRT bikes have not.

The second as pointed out is rider quality.
In the first year of Moto2 the winner was promised a MotoGP ride - Elias won then failed... What is the possible incentive for riders on a CRT bike? Worldwide exposure, at the back and being berated by Stoner et all for being too slow. That sounds like a career killer not a career maker.

So solutions? (because its pointless to discuss problems)
Well its too late to give CRT's an extra year, and the entry list is drawn up. Seperate lanes wouldnt work, nor would seperate practise sessions - so is it just suck it and see?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices