Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo surprised at slow CRT pace

Former world champion Jorge Lorenzo is the latest high profile rider to express concerns about the huge gulf in lap times between the factory 1000cc prototypes and new CRT machinery. The Spaniard got his first experience of riding on track with the new CRT bikes during the first Sepang test in Malaysia earlier this month. The CRT machines are based on highly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 February 2012 10:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

So solutions?

Problem: Cost of running a factory/satellite team.

Solution: CRT's.

Chris, I can't see beyond a complete revamp of the blue riband class. MotoGp doesn't have the kudos that sponsoring an F1 Team does and will always struggle (as posted previously) to attract any business that is willing to spend  millions(?) for no realistic return. It's a minority sport at the end of the day.

Wether the remaining factories will like it is anyones guess. I for one won't.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

No easy solution

On the one hand, we all want to see the ultimate racing machine that the factories can produce, not ham stringed by limits and restrictions, ridden by the fastest riders in the world. We want to know that there is nothing faster through a set of bends in the world than what we are watching.

On the other, we want to see full grids with close action, with half a dozen (or more) riders in with a chance of winning. Unfortunately, this whole scenario has been introduced as a compromise solution to the dire economical situation the world, and MotoGP finds itself in.

IF MotoGP can survive until better times, maybe we should accept that for the foreseeable future, the money no object attitude has ended. Factory bikes will have to be closer in performance the CRT bikes (CRT bikes will never bridge the gap on their own). But importantly, the whole show has to be faster than WSB, or the marque will become a farce.

Impossible situation without any nice solution....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Maybe the upbringing of future riders needs to be looked at surely there are more than 5 or 6 riders in the world that can go head to head with each other ?  I know it's hard in Australia as an interview with Wayne Gardner recently he has moved with his boys to Spain to give them a chance and the admiration Stoner must for his old man to put him where he is today. Dorna seems to be promoting the sport to much in Spain and mainland Europe , well as we all here on the TV they have no money . China is booming and why doesn't Red Bull sponsor a full team they have a big hand in every other sport ? Is it the GFC or is it bad management  ? I'm open to sugestions

Reply to this Topic
adamsson

Mar 08

adamsson says:

Easy solution

The CRT machines are brand new bikes developed by small factories and under Moto GP rules they have very limited testing. The result is they are slow. There are two things that can happen 1) Nothing. Bikes are tested in the very limited practice sessions and racing by next season they are up to speed but no-one will want to ride them as they are proven to be uncompetitive. They may get in factory riders way and may cause a hazard. 2) For this season allow CRT bikes unlimited private testing, very quickly they should be at least up to WSB pace still a couple of seconds of top Moto GP pace but at least a chance of finishing on the same lap Simples!

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

CRT

The CRT bikes should have unlimited fuel, any number of cylinders, bike specific tyres, and be 4 or 2 stroke, preferably 6 CR500 barrels in a V, with no power valves.
F*ck Yea, bring it on.

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Its a waste of time

Anybody remember Sidecar A and B, no ?, not surprised. Look what happened to them. This is the same thing all over again. Moto2 works. Do the same thing with 1000cc motors for MotoGP. Or maybe not then in 2013 we'll have MotoGP rdiers en masse in BSB.....

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Benny

Why is it, that with a lead-in time of approximately 12 months, some teams have not taken advantage of the test time currently available - let alone be given more time????

Money? I can't think of another reason.

What about 'grading riders' as this appears to be the flip side of the problem. With all due respect to Ellison i'd rather see Malandri there, for example. If the CRT's are proving too slow (currently) the bikes are only half of the problem. If the riders were graded then the 'Top 25' in the world would be placed in MotoGp, the next 25/30 in Moto2 and so on. Such a bad idea?

Fire away!!!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Your go ...

Now that's comedy ;)

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Dont tell anyone

but this conversations actually quite intelligent - never thought i would see the day!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Chris

but this conversations actually quite intelligent - never thought i would see the day!

It's all down to me bud, regardless of what Benny says :winkie:. But i agree, it makes a change from the usual tripe.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices