Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Explorer 1200: What do you want to know? TIGER 1200 EXPLORER

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1200 EXPLORER > Triumph Explorer 1200: What do you want to know?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Potter  says:

Triumph Explorer 1200: What do you want to know?

Next week MCN is riding the new Triumph Explorer 1200 at its world launch in Spain, and we want to put your questions to the Triumph team who built the bike. The new 139bhp three-cylinder adventure bike uses an all-new engine, chassis and shaft-drive system which Triumph hopes will put it ahead of the best-selling BMW R1200GS and BMW R1200GS Adventure. If...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 February 2012 12:18)

Post a message in TIGER 1200 EXPLORER

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Oh dear

Looks like Triumph got some advice from Kawasaki about Fugly looking exhausts........... its awful

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well, like the 800 Tiger, they probably do an optional Arrow silencer for around £500 which is robbery in my opinion for nothing more than a tube. Funny how Triumph can sell you a pair of 'accessory silencers' for the Street Triple for £300. Value for money comes to mind!

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

Triumph?

1. Why are you still empploying this designer?

2. If you drop the bike will everything break costing the user a fortune?

3. Will it really go off road or just explore newly cut grass in the summer?

4. Are you going to scare away all potential buyers by letting Charlier Borman do a Birmingham to Bolton tour on a free issue machine?

5. Where's the spoked wheels?

6. Are you going to do a KTM styled youtube video of  some nutter doing stoppies and wheelis in high traffic? It's what we all want to see.

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

I need schooling

Excuse the spelling mistake.

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

I need schooling

Excuse the spelling mistake.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

When do we get a 17" wheels version with some decent rubber so you can use the 137HP!!

When do we get the larger tanked version,20 liter tank on a bike called the explorer Eeee Eawww!!!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Dr Mr Triumph

I turn 40 in May, and have 2 kids, 2 cats, 1 mortgage and a short urban commute to my IT job.  So obviously, I absolutely have to buy myself a huge lardy expensive bike that appears to be capable of riding across Mongolian steppes and carving up the Road of Bones - with the help of a support crew, 4WD vehicles, the manufacturer on the phone 24/7, and a heave of plump-chested frippets co-ordinating it from a Soho office, of course.

But it's vital that I get a bike that projects precisely the right lifestyle image to the girls in the photocopier room when I'm hiding my wedding ring: a little roguish and devil-may-care, but with an underlying air of rugged practicality and determination.  What assurances can you give me that the other mid life crisis boys in the office won't laugh at me for not just getting a R1200GS like Ewan-and-Thingy had?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think we need

to see a test between this, the bimmer and the new honda

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

why have you followed every one eles and made a bmw copy style wise as a biker if you want somthing that looks like a bmw you buy the real deal and get a bmw

style wise there only the ktm that a little diff as it was base on a race bike still ugly but better than the bmw (got to say that as i parted with cash for one)

i do hope it sells well as its british jobs at the end of the day but wish somone would brake the mold on adv style

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Dear Mr Triumph

I turn 12 in May, so should be getting my pubes soon, so obviously I need to have a bike that matches my Valentino Rossi replica power ranger leathers and helmet. A bike that I can impress the girls at school with, and also the other boys in my class with tales of getting my knee down and power slides around the local roundabout.

I'll need some pre-ground knee sliders to go with it, 'cos I haven't got the balls yet to do it properly. Also, could you rough up the edges of the tyres for me, as having no chicken strips really impresses people.

Oh, and make it loud, 'cos everyone knows that a loud bike is faster.

As for those big nasty adventure bike riders, who do they think they are, Charley and Ewan? Ha, just wannabes.......................

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices