Skip to content

Ask an Expert Most comfortable 600 sport Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Most comfortable 600 sport

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

shebbinho

Feb 12

shebbinho says:

Most comfortable 600 sport

Hey guys,

i am thinking about buying a 600 cc sportsbike, but i am 6"2 (1,9 m) and i have a two time disc prolapse (had to google the word, hope you know what i mean ;)). My back is more or less under control, so i don't suffer much pain anymore, but i have to consider comfort when I consider buying a new bike. I basicly have to choose between the models from 2006 until 2008 (gsx-r 600 k6-k8, zx6r 2007-2008, cbr 600 rr pc 40, ...) budget-wise.

I sat on the GSX-R k8, ZX-6R 2008, CBR 600 RR PC40 and the new R6 (don't know if the ergonomics are the same) and for me personally, the cbr and the gsx-r are relatively comfortable for a sportsbike!

What do you think is the most comfortable out there? Do you have experience with the R6, Daytona, GSX-R 600 k6-k7?

Sorry for my bad english, thanks in advance!

greetings, shebbinho

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 February 2012 19:06)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

600 sprots

The comfiest one will be the Kawasaki ZZR600E (or ZX6E).

But it's a sports/tourer.

Reply to this Topic
yamtcat

Jul 05

yamtcat says:

R6

Hi Shebbinho

I'm 6ft 2 and had a 2007 R6 which I think is almost the same as the 2008 model in terms of shape and seating position and I found it quite extreme.

Not in a bad way but I found it heavy on the wrists and found my bro's gixxer comfier. Strangely enough my back is also troubling me a bit now and I wouldnt consider getting another R6 with it.

Just my thoughts, hope it helps.

Oh have you look at the 2005/6 Zx-6r? Before they went all small and midget friendly? lol

That was, for me, comfier than any other sports bike I;ve ridden...wish I never sold it. Nice and big and roomy, and not too extreme a seating position...worth a sit on one at least?

Nick

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Comfortable Sports Bike

How about the CBR600f - it's less full-on that the RR and therefore more comfortable.

Reply to this Topic
GixxerDream

Nov 08

GixxerDream says:

The GSXR 600

I'm only 5'10" but have ridden both a K6 GSXR 600 and a 2009 CBR600rr. Without a doubt the GSXR 600 is more comfortable bike. My friend that owns it is around 6'2" and has toured Europe on it without much hassle. Another friend of mine with the CBR600rr is around my height and has complained on many occasions about the cramped riding position. It is a much smaller feeling bike when sat on. Hope this helps.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Go to a dealer and sit on all the bikes you want.

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

R6

I have an R6.. I am 5'8 and fit it nicely.. any taller and i suspect it would feel a bit cramped..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices