Skip to content

Discuss This Harley-Davidson Softail Slim first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Harley-Davidson Softail Slim first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Harley-Davidson Softail Slim first ride

Considering the turmoil Harley-Davidson has been through the last couple of years, what with plummeting US sales, the MV and Buell shockers and the little matter of having to restructure fundamentally its main production facillity, it’s more than a little encouraging that the American legend has any new models at all for 2012. And while the word ‘new’, in typical Harley...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 February 2012 16:16)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
petexjr

Dec 08

petexjr says:

Overpriced

I've owned 5 harleys, three of them new. and I still love the make, but they are way too expensive now.

I now own a Triumph and the quality of parts, used by Harley, do not compare. The speed at which they deteriorate is rediculous. I spent thousands, replacing parts which should have been standard, But that's the clever scam Harley have been getting away with for years. I think people are now catching on that you can buy a much better cruiser if you are prepared to forego the presigious name.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

harley con

What a con. Come on mcn, You know as well as everyone else that harley davidson have not built a brand new bike since the v rod , All they do is change a small part and then call it new twadle. I would love to know how the hell they have passed the euro 3 emitions still runing on carbs,

Over priced, depreciate at an alarming rate, preunit construction, carburated twin engine , steel frame and 30 years out of date technology.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

No carbs

Hi bird1050, Harleys are all fuel injected these days and have been for about four years. Some of the Euro models went over to EFI a year before the US equivalents (before the Triumph 865 engine did, I think). Excluding the CVO bikes, H-D use three different engines with five different capacities overall. Similar unit construction served Triumph very well when they made their successful comeback, although there is more variation among Triumph engines now. H-D have actually done quite a lot with their range in recent years in terms of handling and suspension, but I agree that some of the 'new' models are pushing it a bit. I'd like to have seen them do a lot more with the V-Rod engine, for example, and used the 883 in something closer to a standard bike. They are still overpriced too. There really is nothing like the feel of a Harley engine, but with that price premium I'm more than happy with my Vulcan.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices