Skip to content

DUCATI Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale first ride 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale first ride

The all-new 195bhp Ducati 1199 Panigale takes superbikes to a new level of sophistication with an abundance of electronic aids, including ABS, traction control, customisable riding modes and electronic engine braking. MCN rode the bike at the Yas Marina circuit to see if it lives up to the hype. To read the full test, pick up a copy of the February...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 February 2012 16:58)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

greenturdbob

Aaah, thumbs up for this question, still giggling...would it break in half..lmao !! sympathy for dognights, I know that dismal feeling when you pick up a bike that`s had raving reviews and then you start scratching your head. One example for many: couple years ago I bought the little 675 street triple, whose `suspension is perfectly suited to british roads` I`m a fairly average 12.5 stone but everytime I got a little serious with the brakes, the forks would bottom out on the slightest of bumps. As I was in love with the little thing anyway, in went springs, valves, shock etc. There is, luckily, a great amount of happiness to be had from putting nice bits on your bike though, init?

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Arsetool

no that sorry that should read butt plug! No sorry Asstoot, got there in the end! You got me thinking about a Street Triple i had. But mine was the posh "R" version. Which had better springs, enough to cope with my 14 stone of flab! What a brill bit of kit that was, I should never have sold it:(

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

With dognights

Agree with everything Dognights has explained............ I bought a Diavel on the back of all the rave reviews that didn't highlight a single problem hmmmm but everyone I have spoken to since has had problems with setting up the suspension.  It doesn't absorb bumps but but wants to bounce over them (ok if it is just one lump in a road at a time but your bolloxed if you start hitting more than one at a time, just doesn't know what to do) and yes, Ohlins now make replacements but swapping out shocks and rear will run you in the region of another £3k.  And what ever they tell you, it does not go around corners like your sportsbike (this wasn't MCN) and not even as good as my old Fazer.  Oh, and good luck looking at the fancy coloured instrument set while riding........  So what are the problems and cons of the Pringle, that's the reviews I am waiting for?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Racing Success?

Hey 888boybach888, if the Japanese companies are so bad at racing, why have Honda and Yamaha been whupping Ducati so badly in MotoGP? Maybe because it is a level playing field, with the same rules for all bikes?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Miscellany

Wonder if the Panigale would meet Honda’s durability standards for street bikes? I doubt it, but then it does not matter too much, since most will end up as decorations in the garages of millionaires.

Not sure about UK pricings, but here left of the pond one will be able to get two of any Japanese liter bike for the price of the Panigale. Besides, the Japanese bikes do a much better job of annoying bikers (US meaning of biker, not UK).

888boybach888, if I hate V-2 powered bikes so much, why do I have a Honda Deauville (also a CBR600F4i, NXH110 Elite (aka Lead) and TW200Z) in my garage? Would consider a Moto Guzzi V7, but there is no place to get parts or service within 5 hours of here for a “Goose” (or a Ducati for that matter).

Ask someone of Japanese descent if they find “Jap” offensive? The “White Mans' Burden” is relieved, as the Empire ended over half a century ago.

Reply to this Topic
888boybach888

Feb 12

yawn

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
dognights

Feb 12

dognights says:

Front end seems twitchy

After watching the Videos here a bit the front end looked a bit twitchy. I started digging around some more and here is Troy going around on one and the front end seems all over the place on this video. It sure doesnt scream how awesome fully electronic Ohlins forks should be setup with this bike as is. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvpjFpveYc&feature=related

Reply to this Topic
burneyrubber

Feb 12

burneyrubber says:

what

Adjustable for 2up???? you must be absolutely joking...2up? The new gixer looks more fun,but it didn't have the mood music over the top of the video like the Ducati one so i don't feel as brainwashed. as someone said previously ..YAWN.

Reply to this Topic
gavinfdavies

Aug 09

gavinfdavies says:

2 up

don't be silly guys. The spare linkage is not for two up riding. Just look at the size of the pillion seat!

Ducati designed this bike for people shaped like racers.

The "2 up" setting is merely ducati-speak for "F@T B@STARD COMPATIBLE".

Beacuase lets face it, how many 1199 riders are going to be 11st 20-somethings and how many are going to be 18st guys in their mid-50s who are looking to spend their company bonus?

Reply to this Topic
gavinfdavies

Aug 09

gavinfdavies says:

oh and another thing...

lets think back 20 years to 1992 and the CBR900rr...

"it's so light"

"the front end is too twitchy"

"useless for road use and pillion" etc...............

Now the cbr900rr is really a sports-tourner, well suited to two-up use, and considered very reliable (ignoring reg-recs, but every manufacturer has some little foible). And if you want dead stiff and stable steering, buy a cruiser not a sports bike.

Judge any bike on its target, not what you think a bike is best for. I personally think cruisers are big and dull. Why not get a car?! But that doesn't mean that for people who like to cruise that a cruiser isn't perfect.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices