You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > insurance renewal

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

tigger1050

Feb 12

tigger1050 says:

insurance renewal

Having recieved my insurance renewal it has gone up by £25 approx so though ill go onto the MCN insurance compare web site.Enterd all the correct info even declared an accident that my son had in a car insured by me,he was named driver, not his fault and I was not even there. Same insurance company that has just issued my renewal quote then added £40 on for the declaration. What a rip off insurance companies are, I did not lose my no claims the third party was found to be at fault and yet I STILL GET penalised this country and isnurance is a complete rip off. I wont name the insurance company for fear of reprisal but this is all wrong.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 February 2012 17:33)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

non-fault

Welcome tigger,surely something`s wrong here,i`ve had a non-fault accident and have been paid out 100%,this didn`t affect my re-newals over the years and i did ask.

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

tigger

I'm with tigger on this one. Although it should not increase premiums having a non-fault accident it most certainly does.

I had an old woman rear end the back of my car as she claimed she didn't see me even though I was stationary at the back of a queue which was about a mile long on the A82 - pretty straight road passing loch lomond. Her car was pretty messed up and probably a right off. My car on the other hand had no damage except a small scratch on the rear bumper.

I claimed nothing. I was not even going to inform the insurance company at first. When I did call them to say I had been in an accident but had no damage their first response was to become suspicious over why I had been "trying to hide an accident" and they would need to investigate fully. Long and short of it was despite claiming nothing, not being at fault and not losing my no claims discount I was treated with discontempt and had a fairly large hike in my premium. Going via price comparison sites if I fail to include this incident, my premiums are substantially lower (as much as £80 on some sites). I have no concerns about naming mine...BELL. Stay clear. Thieves the lot of them.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices