You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > heated socks

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

krazybiker

Jul 11

krazybiker says:

heated socks

hi folks need to get myself some heated socks as me feet are freezin.Had a look on the usual sites but there are so many different makes and types i aint sure which ones to buy.battery powered socks or boot insoles?.some people seem to say they work others say there crap.any advise.cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 February 2012 19:29)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jim JIm

Aug 02

Jim JIm says:

Heated Socks

Hi Krazy

Dont buy the heated inner soles as they are an absolute waste of money. I bought a pair and chucked them away after a couple of weeks.The batteries have to be fitted to your boots and wont stay in place. When putting your feet in the boot the wires pull out. "Absolute Rubbish"

What I do use and have never had a problem with is the Activated Carbon Foot Warmers. They can only be used once and last about five hours. They maintain a comfortable 40 degrees. You know when they need changing as they become uncomfortable.

They fit under the toes outside of the socks and are well worth getting. If you buy them individually they will cost you about £1.20 a packet. I buy 40 at a time and they cost about 95pence.

I have Diabetes and so always have cold feet so they are an absolute must for me as I would not be able to work at this time of year.

I get them off Amazon. A company called notonlybowls is the cheapest.

Regards

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Personally

I'd just get some ore suitable boots.

I have had altberg clubman roadsters which were perfect until they started leaking after quite a lot of use and abuse all year round.

I now have a pair of Daytonas (the ones you can get in hein gerike which are the same as the roadstar GTX but cheaper) which are fine in all but the coldest weather.

In short, I'd spend the money upgrading your boots and socks and only go for the technology if you absolutely have to as it just opens up extra potential problems as well as even more time to get going.

As you've discovered it's a minefield when you get into heated kit.

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Heated feet

I've tried a few types and some have been absolute crap (maplins £20 insoles) while some have been brilliant (Tchibo/BMW insoles) but a bit flimsy.

At present I'm using Warmthru insoles & socks. These are awesome! I went for the high power batteries which last 9 hrs on a charge using the lowest heat setting, and if on the highest they almost burn your feet!! They're not cheap (£100 all in) but you can buy components separately  in case of problems, and i've had to resolder the wires a few times onto the insoles, but I wear them all day, every day for about  3 months of the year.

I hate cold feet therefore I luuurve dese tings :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
krazybiker

Jul 11

krazybiker says:

heated socks

thanks for your replies to my heated socks dilema.its given me a few more options to consider.cheers all

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle