Ask an Expert Short term insurance Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Short term insurance

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Everything2Wheels

Jul 11

Short term insurance

So the recent bad weather has prevented me from passing my full bike test before my 125 insurance runs out, and I'm looking for 3 months more insurance, but my current insurer wants to charge me for the entire year then only refund me 6 months plus a admin fee for cancelling the policy after 3 months.

So I've looked around for short term bike insurance and I can't find anyone who wouldn't charge me a reasonable fee for 3 months insurance.

The reason I want 3 months is because I work varying hours and only get my next weeks hours the monday before, so fitting in training and testing isn't easy.

Anyone able to help?

EDIT: Oh and I'm 19 so a couple of short term insurers won't insure me just because of my age.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 February 2012 11:01)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Short Term

Isn't really needed, unless of course you're intending to stop riding in three months time? Just renew/begin a policy & amend it when you get the next bike to fit with your requirements

Reply to this Topic
Everything2Wheels

Jul 11

Short term insurance

Only problem with that is my current insurer won't insure my next bike as its an import and 33bhp restricted :/

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Shop around

if one insurer won't do it, another will, although it may be at a price; imports tend to be more expensive (due to potential difficulties in sourcing parts). If you haven't tried them yet, try Aviva; I'm with them and (touch wood) have never had a problem. If you go to an insurer as a new customer, you sometimes get better deals anyway, so maybe worth moving your policy in its entirety rather than after x number of months.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices