Skip to content

SUZUKI Video: Suzuki GSX-R1000 first ride GSX-R1000

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > GSX-R1000 > Video: Suzuki GSX-R1000 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Suzuki GSX-R1000 first ride

The Suzuki GSX-R1000 now produces the most midrange of any 1000cc superbike. What's more, weight has dropped by 2kg and it's gained Brembo brakes and comes with revised big piston suspension. Suzuki has gone back to what made the GSX-R legendary and simplified the way to a quick lap time. In other words: stop for the corner, get the bike turned...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 February 2012 12:44)

Post a message in GSX-R1000

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
888boybach888

Feb 12

de ja vu

Hmm, looks like last years and the year before, and the year before that, yawn

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

If you buy a bike on looks alone?

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

likey

So far so good, nicely highlighted the features, I wasn`t too worried about Chad`s complexion, haha, love that gixer gurgle from the airbox...

Reply to this Topic
888boybach888

Feb 12

yawn

money for old rope, evolution is good, too busy playing it safe, not to offend their fickle customers, big yawn.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

2 sides

Seems great for us mortals but why would you pay for a brand new machine when for 6-8 thousand pounds you could get a great second hand bike that would do the same of not more. Seems like suzuki is way behind its rivals but in saying that I probably couldnt use 50% of that bike.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Make the effort

Sounds like Suzuki are heading in the right direction. This one may be close to my Akrapovic and Ohlins equiped K5. What I am looking for is light weight, quick steering and loads of mid range. Come on Suzuki try harder. If you want my money, bring out something as radical and focused as the K5 was. That was the last time I bought a new bike. 

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

so exciting I will have to go and watch some paint dry. C'mon Suzuki at least tty to make each new iteration a little bit exciting. K3,4,5,6,7,8,90, same, same.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Band-Aids

Band-Aids such as traction control are not needed if the chassis is fundamentally correct, as in this Suzuki and the Fireblade.

Reply to this Topic
888boybach888

Feb 12

eh??

gonna see what other people have to say about that statement before i say anything to that!!

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Ginxer Carl

I guess the only fool to buy an over priced same same bike like this one would be Ginxer carl. or what ever its   sorry his name is...  still not a spanner to the New BMWS1000RR.  6/10 must try harder Suzuki!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices