Skip to content

SUZUKI Video: Suzuki GSX-R1000 first ride GSX-R1000

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > GSX-R1000 > Video: Suzuki GSX-R1000 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Suzuki GSX-R1000 first ride

The Suzuki GSX-R1000 now produces the most midrange of any 1000cc superbike. What's more, weight has dropped by 2kg and it's gained Brembo brakes and comes with revised big piston suspension. Suzuki has gone back to what made the GSX-R legendary and simplified the way to a quick lap time. In other words: stop for the corner, get the bike turned...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 February 2012 12:44)

Post a message in GSX-R1000

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

How was you spinning the rear on an 848? it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, it wouldn't pull your foreskin back, it'll wet itself if you was to show it high dyno figures (take your pick of any of the 3) was you on a wet manhole cover or something? (and yes before you ask, i have given one a spin and wan't impressed hence owning the gsxr and not the 848) As for your comment on me kidding myself, no don't think i am, i make a mess of the edges of the tyres, killed a few knee sliders and sanded down toe sliders (and never lost the bike), I would say thats riding hard by anyones standards, like i said, although i ride hard i know there are guys out there who are slower but also some guys who are quicker. Anyway, im not getting into my cock is bigger then yours, I'm sticking with what i said, even riding hard you do not need traction control or anything else on the road. The ONLY one i can see a point in is ABS for people who might panic in the wet if they have to slow down pretty sharpish but again, before ABS came along, you wasn't turning up to bike meets and seeing a load of damaged bikes where people had locked up and fallen off. I'm also sticking to what i said about liking a bike i need to stay awake on, If i knew i had a safety net there (traction control etc...) for me it'll make riding hard to MY limits less exciting because i would know that if i fu**ed up the bike would save me (quite possibly before i even knew i made an error) i guess i like the danger element. So once again, MASSIVE thumbs up to suzuki, well done for making a bike without all the electric tricks that can  keep up with all the bike meet poser bikes that have all the electric rider helping aids.

Reply to this Topic
888boybach888

Feb 12

epitaph

Haha, loving these comments, i ride the awful,shite,overpriced,crap handling rich mans toy that spends most of its time in a centrally heated garage,i was accused recently of being a JAP(anese) hater, not true the bikes are great, its the people that ride them thats the problem, the bikers that always seem ready with the jibes are funnily enough GSXR,R1 riders, it has never broke down,caught fire or had anything fall off, none of my ducati`s have ever given me problems except a 748R that had a faulty voltage regulator (was a japanese replacement part)You say that you don`t need any rider aids, thats fine for you it seems, but the big question is are Suzuki being irresponsible by seeeming to not care about rider safety.Sooner or later the government will pass legislation to limit power outputs or compulsory fitment of traction control etc because they are under pressure to reduce motorcycle rider deaths.So the only people that are opposed to rider aids seem to be the GSXR riders who see it as somekind of emasculation, `your not a man if you have ABS etc` carry on guys, your statements would make fitting epitaphs.

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

boybach

I say this is good humour but people who think like this help to make this country a nanny state. Why not make electronic aids optional extras? Customers like to have a choice rather than being told that from now on, the manufacturer will be `responsible` for their riding. I thank you :)

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

i agree

asstoot, people should be able to choose so the people who only ride to and from sunday bike meeting points so they can stand beside their bike leaning on it all day (so everyone knows its their bike) with a cheesy grin as they tell people "it's got this, it's got that, it can do this, it can do that", can have all the electronic aids they want BUT people who want to ride a bike without the bike butting in should be able to say "i want to buy one of those, without the unnecessary extras".  I honestly dont think suzuki is being irresponsible, like i keep saying, people don't keep falling off bikes that haven't got the electronic aids, do they? or another question, How often do people who ride bikes with all the aids actually push the bike to the point of it stepping in and doing its thing? AND another point, traction control or abs wont stop you hammering into a corner too quick so you run out of road and hit the deck. If i pop a wheelie i would much rather know it was me that done it and not some kind of traction control that done a perfect wheelie for me :P

Reply to this Topic
mickster1

Jun 08

mickster1 says:

new gsxr1000 ?

sorry but i thought it was an advert for scott leathers and sidi boots

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Missing the point entirely

I actually like this GSXR and I quite like the idea that it doesnt have any rider aids too but I wouldnt care if it did. Does it really matter??? Turn them off if you are that fussed.

Plus do not kid yourself for a second that Suzuki and Honda have made their bikes as some sort of homage to the riding purests. They have produced these bikes because its cheaper and they are skint and when the time comes they will produce a bike with all the bells and whistles the same as everyone else.

Whether we like it or not it WILL happen to EVERY bike in the near future so why not just enjoy them while we can.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hmmmm..... "aids"

The latest must have is "aids"..... yeah right 32 years of riding tells me These are not actually required on the road, only the race track and local bike meet/pub good on you Suzuki (untill next year when you have to conform to fashion....)

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Liquid metal

Mate, all we are trying to say is, bikes putting out nearly 200bhp nowadays, in careless hands it's a potential widow maker on today's roads. Not everyone has the skill of you being able to ruin toe sliders with a 185bhp tyre munching monster. And keep in mind, BMW have only sold 5% of s1000 without tc. And for those who like to live life on the edge they can turn it all off with the touch off a button. So I think it's shows responsibility from manufacturers in putting measures in to reduce some fatalities on our roads.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Staggering stupidity

The comments on here simply smack of riders saying their egos far outstrip their abilities. If you are riding these bikes on the road in the manner that requires these aids to step in then you are a fatality waiting to happen. The Biking community needs morons like that like it needs a hole in its head.

If you are buying a road bike with the intention of taking it to its limits on the road with other traffic about then Darwin WILL win and you'll remove yourself from the gene pool. I can see the number of bike accidents massively going up this year because morons really seem to believe these aids will stop them crashing.

Driver aids on cars have only ever meant car drivers drive more dangerously and eratically than they used to do. Thats ok when you're surrounded by a safety cell but without it!!!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Spondonste

Well why don't we just all by a fecking vespa mate, then they can all stick tc/abs up there arses. Are you telling me mate that these people that buy 1000cc super bikes drive around like fkin choir boys on there way to Sunday school? Get real man, people that buy these things will go mad here and there. If all u lot don't want tc/abs then feck off and don't buy a bike with it but stop trying to downgrade us boys that actually agree with it

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices