Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso set for style makeover MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso set for style makeover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso set for style makeover

Andrea Dovizioso will use next week’s Sepang test in Malaysia to continue tweaking his riding technique to suit the new Yamaha YZR-M1 1000cc MotoGP bike. The Italian spent his entire MotoGP career riding for Honda before he agreed a deal to partner British rider Cal Crutchlow in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad this year. The former 125GP world champion impressed during...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 February 2012 15:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

I think you did quietly mention that once or twice benny

But i can't be certain.. I have always rated Dovi but my respect for him grew even more so after his solid performances last year!

I too wondered how 'Factory' his Honda was last year seeing as they didn't really want him in the team.. If it wasn't as 'Factory' as Stoner n Pedro's machines then it either shows how good the Honda's are or how great Dovi really can be!! I am thinking it is probably a bit of both to be honest.. I guess we will see how good he really is this year if he is fighting for podiums on the Sat Yam.. I suspect he will be!

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Boro365 is wrong

"the customer bikes slowly get left behind unless you out perform or keep pace with a works bike (simoncelli)"

Simoncelli would have finished sixth in last years championship well behind his fellow factory equipped collegues, simoncellis 2011 season was only exceeded in its mediocrity by that of Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

hedgey .. not talking about the displacement or electronics but the bikes basic skill sets which are different for each manufacturer.. still have the same ones they always have had just sharper than before and some progress in weaker areas ala honda with the yam techies(corner entry)... Still the hondas engine is strong and corner exit is great as always the yam weaker engine but better brakes corner entry and mid corner speed, the duke hard to turn but great mid corner stability, though that may change quite a bit this year, I dare say it will handle abit better.. If you're daft enough to think I meant they are still riding a 990 ala 2002 then you win everytime..

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Dovizioso was in a factory team, on a factory bike. The only rider you could doubt, or in fact know who wasn't on the same equipment and recieving the same support was Hayden.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

With you on this one Benny...... Dovi is a class act and the the handicap of a Tech 3 bike will have less of an effect on him than most. Refer to his challenge in his 250 days on a woefully under developed Honda vs works Aprilias. Although his choice of head gear is harshly criticised around here, I don't hang out with him or fancy men so could care less what he wears on his head! His no nonsense attitude and ability to perform the way he did this year even as the unwanted bastard child was no less than amazing. He is a calm cool and collected racer and family man, well paid and riding bikes one can only dream of at their full potential. As far as team mates go unfortunately Cal Crutchlow should be very worried indeed. Good luck to him in 2012 and let the battle begin.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugelean...

No, of course not... but which rider on the 2003 Honda is still riding it? The bike will have been changed to suit the lead rider in a direction that the developers can see gives them improved lap times... if you can say with certainty that this would be the exact direction that Rossi was taking them then fair enough... I'd have said that Max/Sete/Dani were quite different riders... & we know that their No1 rider now has a radically different riding style from Rossi... sorry, I've never ridden either bike, but I don't buy it. The Honda was developed for Rossi to win on up until he left... Yamaha may have continued their developement in the same direction but that doesn't mean that Honda would.

I think there's evidence to say that the 2003 Honda handled very similarly to the 2004 Yamaha (Rossi's success in both seasons & test results on the 1st day on the Yam) but Dovi's report presents a very different picture of how they differ now.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

Dovi style

I thought Dovi looked quite dapper when he sported a Red Bull trilby in his 1st year in MotoGP, on a satellite Honda.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Something that didn't help Dovizioso at Repsol was the team-mates he had in Casey and Pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Hilarious.... Ha ha ha

Funnily enough Benny...... plenty? So much so years ago it manifested itself into a nickname after an attractive young lady passed on a message to my boss at the time that ended in (my christian name) *** Rocks! I am fairly useless now though I expect, ha ha ha! I don't post on here for adulation or to lead any particular crowd but it is nice to hear from like minded people. Thanks for the kudos anyway..........

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

woke up hard

@princeofrepsol. marco's honda had full factory support last year , in other words it was a full factory works bike. @bob b. to think dovi was getting less support than dan and stoner is like waking up and finding megan fox broke in over night and slipped into your bed. you only have to look back as far as the very last race in valencia to see that dani could not outgun him with the same bike.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices