Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner gives insight into new 1000s MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner gives insight into new 1000s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner gives insight into new 1000s

Reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner has given his views and opinions on what it is like to ride Honda's new factory RC213V machine ahead of the start of the new 1000cc world championship era in 2012. The Australian, who recently celebrated becoming a father for the first time with the arrival of his daughter Alessandra on February 16, was speaking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 February 2012 09:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

History.

As we still seem to be on this topic, let's study the most recent year in the subject..............Season 2011.

'acanada'....................you have the honour and the floor is yours bud.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

doohanfan

i haver never detracted from stoners wins or champioships....its just that in 2007 i remember many pundits calling him the next mick doohan,and many stoner fans inferring the same.Imo the cf duke was a flawed design and i dont believe stoner could have won another title on it.I have to give him credit for being the only rider managing to win on the thing.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

in 2010 rossi broke his leg and missed 4 races  and still managed to finish ahead of casey........

...and still in nearly all of them races apart from two Misano and Sepang Casey floored Rossi in the races he finished loved replaying the 2010 MotoGP Season DVD shows how you can get the best out of a poor bike Rossi should take note before coming out with bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

pc

On the subject of 2011.................................................................."I knew that when he got on that bike he was not going to be any faster than me. I was 100% sure of that. He complained about his shoulder injury at the start of the season but he got his best result with his shoulder injury.

"As soon as his shoulder injury went he got worse. The excuses didn’t stop until the end of this season when they just had to start admitting that they didn't know what direction to go.”

Rossi was flummoxed all season by trying to solve a chronic lack of front-end feel with the GP11 His 12 crashes were a personal record in MotoGP and double his previous worst crash tally in 2007 on Yamaha’s factory YZR-M1.

if you take the first 5 races of the year when rossi was injured excluding jerez ,he wasnt to far off  the front runners,its then that they started to make changes to try and fight for podiums and victories,but with the dukes ingenious cf frame there wasnt much they could actually change.Imo the 2010 cf duke was probably the best it was ever going to be,hence ducati now have more or less a conventional bike that will hopefuly give rossi a chance of getting podiums and possibly wins,in which case he and jb will be vindicated,

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

ilk

I see you understood, wosidog. My working definition of "ilk" is the one given to me by my father as a young boy ie that it means "and sundry such bastards." 

I actually don't doubt your semantic ability, or your knowledge of gp racing. My issue is with you applying an argument to one rider, then its opposite to another.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

yamahaGYTR

...and still in nearly all of them races apart from two Misano and Sepang Casey floored Rossi in the races he finished .

if you dont finish a race and your opponent does he beats you!

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

Furusawa

With regards to the discussion about Furusawa and him saying VR giving "thumbs up or down to our idea", some people here seem to interpret this as yamaha having an idea and rossi just nodding to it as a matter of courtesy and politeness to something which was already decided. According to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32G-qcyXSzE Rossi chose to go for the engine which was less powerful but more manageable. So it seems to me that what Furusawa is saying is that the moment VR said "this is better because etc" yamaha dedicated all their efforts to that idea, crucially. I think Stoner at the moment is on fire and VR in a very dark tunnel, but you guys thinking that you can go out there and just win 9 world title just becasue there's no competition is a bit extreme. The yamaha 2004, which was the 'best' according to some here, had VR winning the title and the next rider on a yamaha was checa, who classified 7th after 5 hondas. Now, number sometimes are very crude if not contextualized and do not reflect the reality of what happened. However if VR is hailed so much all over is for a reason. Maybe his era is finished, don't know, but his era lasted 14 years on TOP (i.e. WORST result was being 3rd twice), drill it into your head. What I know is Casey fans forget that VR won 2008 and 2009 championships, doing things like LS in 2008 and Catalunya in 2009, not a few decades ago. Casey is strong, but cut the shit man, him being the most succesfful of the short 800 era does not make him comparable to Rossi. Can you compare Casey to Agostini? No. So why think you can compare him to Rossi? If Casey wins another 4 or 5 titles, that will start doing the job. Also, I would like Casey or whoever, to be able to take the risk and put himself on the line TWICE to go for a bike which is in big difficulties, surely not the winning one. I haven't seen many winning riders having the balls to choose non-winning machines. Finally, a champion is not just an incredibly fast driver. The Champion is the one who wins under real pressure. I am waiting for Casey to be tested again,properly, because he failed in the past from that point of view. No, the overtake on Lorenzo this year does not count if you ask me, it's just a sign, under overall favourable circumstances, it does not prove he's got the relentlessness of the Champion. Am I saying with that Casey is just a rider like many? NO. Casey belongs obviously to a very selected few (and so does Lorenzo in my view, but not Pedrosa), but he still has to prove if he is with the top of that restricted circle, which is where Rossi belongs instead.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

slit

You guys just don't get it. The argument is not about what rossi has done, everyone knows he has done great things, it is about the discrediting of stoner's achievements.

Just for fun seeing you bring up the 2004 yamaha ( I actually agree that rossi was influential in significantly improving it), in 2002 carlos checa finished 5th to max biaggi's 2nd on a yamaha. In 2003 he finished 7th, with max biaggi now on a honda still 2nd (if you want to draw an implication about valentino being a better rider than max or checa, feel free, but it would seem wosidog disagrees); oddly some bloke called sete gibernau who finished behind checa in 2002 on a suzuki finished ahead of him on a honda in 2003, who would have thunk it?

As far as close racing goes stoner demonstrated no deficiency on a honda in 2011; if you wish to await more evidence fine, but please indicate to me what close racing at the front of the field valentino did  on a ducati in 2011; by valentino's not stoner's testimony the thing just wouldn't turn midcorner.

My dispute (more with wosidog than you) is with the argument that rossi's 2004 title on a yamaha in his first year on the bike is wholly remarkable (which it may well have been), while stoner's 2007 title in his first year for ducati can be summarily dismissed as down to bike advantage. Again, the figures in the modern era are 15 wins by yamaha riders, 15 by honda riders, 6 by suzuki riders and 1 by a ducati rider.

I am new to the forum, but I take it wosidog has made previous threads about krjr's failure as a rider for suzuki; presumably it should have been even easier for him to keep his 2000 championship winning suzuki ahead of honda and yamaha. I would suggest to those rossi fans critical of stoner's performance for ducati (their only championship, 23 of their 24 800 class wins, 23 of  I believe 31 premier class wins in total) that it might behove them to wait until valentino at least wins a race, let alone a championship, for the marque.    

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"In 2003, the two official Yamaha works riders didn't manage a single podium between them!"

At last, you're being careful with your words, & you are not wrong, but that belies the fact that the Tech 3 satellite Yamaha team with Checa & Baros (who of course did podium) fared way better than the factory Yamaha effort, which was pathetic to say the least. Think Cal beating Jorge in the championship... embarrassing. Something they corrected the next year with their choice of rider.

How can a rider of Rossi's ability (great rider but we know he can't ride around problems) arrive at a circuit on day 1 of a test & break his own lap record on that day, which he set on a bike that he did have a hand in developing, still be credited with the development of the new bike? Brilliant rider (on the right bike, as we know)... he played his part (such that we now know that it is) in the development of the Yamaha over the subsequent years, but as your quote stated, the greater part of his development of that 2004 Yamaha was saying yes to the engine configuration.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

if you dont finish a race and your opponent does he beats you!

That does not make any sense at all.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices