Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch

British rider Cal Crutchlow is confident the switch from 800cc to 1000cc for the MotoGP world championship will boost his hopes of fighting consistently for the top six in 2012. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider has impressed in two winter test sessions so far having gelled quickly with the new YZR-M1 1000cc machine. The 26-year-old was fourth quickest on his 1000cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 February 2012 15:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Silly season could bring a few shocks.

Hopefully Stoner on a works Yamaha win on 3 bikes would be awesome.

Hayden on a Tech 3 possibly taking Crutchlow's place.

Lorenzo to Repsol could come calling for him most likely replace Pedrosa.

Spies on a Ducati I know they've shown interest in him in the past replacing Hayden.

Dovi if he wants a works ride there could be one in Ducati if things fail with Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

clearly you've missed my point completely elbowz, which as an ardent spies fan is remarkable for you - after all, only you could get "ben spies" into a thread titled "my auntie's new knitting pattern".  my reference to a third season is for you beloved number 11 - surely it's time for all the excuses to stop, plus all this nonsense about how the 1000s will suit ben better, and for him to score regular solid points to at least keep in touch with lorenzo.

and yes, i do belive it will be squeeky bum time for Cal too, unless this early season promise is translated into results.  this is a results business after all ....

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Benny

' ... A Ducati revival may happen. But equally it may not.'

Not exactly going out on a limb here are we mate?

I was trying to avoid a ruck bud.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

clearly you've missed my point completely elbowz, which as an ardent spies fan is remarkable for you - after all, only you could get "ben spies" into a thread titled "my auntie's new knitting pattern".  my reference to a third season is for you beloved number 11 - surely it's time for all the excuses to stop, plus all this nonsense about how the 1000s will suit ben better, and for him to score regular solid points to at least keep in touch with lorenzo.

Do you notice the new picture on the avatar its Stoner I like not Spies.

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Essentially what Cal's saying is the 1000 suit him better.  Rather than riding balls out for 10th place, he feels he'll have a more enjoyable ride to deal with....and when you're having fun the results will follow hopefully.  As what many racing insdiers are predicting, the bigger bikes should suit the bigger(taller) riders that stand 5'8" and above rather than the classic stature of the125/250 jockey. 

Hopefully we'll have some surprises and it won't be the two rider "battle" of last year, with a sprinkle of Pedrosa.  Who knows....maybe Spies will shock us with several wins and then Elbowz will be a fan of #11 once more....

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Won't happen Vee4pilot :)

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - have you put the Chelsea shirt in the bin and are you now proudly wearing a Man City replica?  a bang on the head maybe?  are you just completely hammered?  or are you now going to slavishly issue soundbites in favour of the guy from Kurri Kurri without rhyme or reason?  "go Stoner" isn't going to sound the same from you ...

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Nah Cosher Chelsea is the best and no I aint hammered are you getting jealous now ?

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

GYTR Defects.......

GYTR's blind ramblings of Spies worship are over? Sad really, it was nice to see someone solidly support a rider other than Rossi or Stoner on this forum. As much as people ragged you Elbowz you held your opinion and faith high. Now this??? I guess when Big Ben's mother phoned you and said; "FFS Elbowz Dovi pasted Ben's arse 2 years in a row give it a rest"! I think she just wanted you to turn it down a bit not leave the fan club! Or maybe it was Stoner, my good self, and many others who stated over and over the 1000's will be little different to the 800's thereby diminishing your hope of a worthy WSBK champion making some massive progression in the GP ranks just through a capacity change. ***** The way I see it now is you are not a big fan of or even dislike Lorenzo a bit and Spies was your "Great White Hope" for Yamaha success. It is really all about Yamaha isn't it Elbowz, I mean we all know you are a Yamaha promoter but it is more like fanaticism and a pure hatred of all things Honda? Which makes it even more amusing you have a Honda as your Avatar after those hundreds of Spies photos? Now you keep posting delusions of Stoner moving to Yamaha next year??? WTF dude? After 2 yrs of posts how Spies will hand Dovi and Lorenzo their arses on a plate now you are convincing yourself Stoner already has eyes on a Yam ride. Gonna be a hard silly season for you dude. Anyway all the best in your new found Honda/Stoner promotion. Are you sure you won't reconsider? I am sad tonight....... sniff!

Reply to this Topic
jusforfun

Sep 10

jusforfun says:

What the heck, this is a crutchslow thread not a Ben Spies.  Go back into your cave Cosher.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices