Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch

British rider Cal Crutchlow is confident the switch from 800cc to 1000cc for the MotoGP world championship will boost his hopes of fighting consistently for the top six in 2012. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider has impressed in two winter test sessions so far having gelled quickly with the new YZR-M1 1000cc machine. The 26-year-old was fourth quickest on his 1000cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 February 2012 15:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Nothing to be sad about WWB Stoner rules end of story.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

jusforfun....

...and your priceless insight on Crutchlows comments are what exactly.....

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Don't cry!

I'm still a Spies fan!!! So if you need someone to poke fun at... I'm just waiting for the racing to start. I'm certain SVNut is still too. Go SPIES!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Hello Texas rp!

Long time no see.... I wouldn't poke fun at you... you are far too sensible! Then again with elbowz defection and SVNut so serious...... ??? I may reconsider. Think I will leave it until you comment after one of Spies wins, podiums, or cock ups. Either way one month to go and we will see the dices roll. Go Texas rp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Getting ready

I can roll with the punches. I've 2 cheeks tho 4 if I turn around but don't you go poking around down there!! I may bite. I've collected up my #11 cap, t-shirt and flag all ready for Qatar!! Hopefully Spies will burn rubber and get away lickedly quick off the mark so his fast laps actually count where they need to - at the front!! GO SPIES!!! Oh and I hope Crutchlow has a good season to satisfy this thread's topic. ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Spartan and 300

One can only speculate at this stage or have the balls to put the money where the mouth is. Cal will beat Rossi points wise 2012 is one bet. So will Dovi. Within Tech 3, I'm open. Within Yamaha Factory...ditto.

Inasmuch as title 2012,Casey is the target, but season length convolutions inevitably included into the algorithm....Spies is as safe a bet as Casey,Jorge,Dani and Don Pedro.

Ducati with a miracle bike will probably fail. They don't have the rider options.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Spartan and 300

One can only speculate at this stage or have the balls to put the money where the mouth is. Cal will beat Rossi points wise 2012 is one bet. So will Dovi. Within Tech 3, I'm open. Within Yamaha Factory...ditto.

Inasmuch as title 2012,Casey is the target, but season length convolutions inevitably included into the algorithm....Spies is as safe a bet as Casey,Jorge,Dani and Don Pedro.

Ducati with a miracle bike will probably fail. They don't have the rider options.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

texas rp...

Yes Texas_RP I am still a Spies fan. Have been since 2000 (and always will be). Baring injury, this will be his year to shine. Mark my words.

But since this is a Crutchlow thread I must say that I think Cal is a fantastic rider and he should do better on the 1000 because he (and all the riders) will have more power than they can use for the first time since the 990 era. He is one of the riders that I think can take advantage of this.

I still see Spies duking it out with Stoner and Lorenzo for the overall championship but I can see Cal duking it out with everybody else for 4th or 5th. And please, don't slag me after the first two races if this senerio hasn't happened yet. The season is 18 races long and the first 2 or 3 races will not be the story for the whole year.

Go Spies!!!

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

The Brits

just don't know how to ride a bike fast. Except, maybe their local WC's and perhaps many many moons ago when they manage somehow to get a win or WC in the big boys league, they look around at the competition and found it to be watered down. Must be very dissatisfying.

I expect Spies and Nicky fighting up front...i.e any place between 1 through 7. Go Go Go our American boys....Go Go Rossi!!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LeeWint

Feb 11

LeeWint says:

Milkybars.... Yanks but no thanks

What nonsense you speak. Check out British Superbike racing for fast riding Brits! Your man Hopper (Brit wanna be) tried but could not live with our fastest, so couldn't the the man from Oz Josh Brookes. Also your comment on the yanks being up front is off the mark as seventh place would almost be half way with the size of the MotoGP field!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices