Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow boosted by 1000cc MotoGP switch

British rider Cal Crutchlow is confident the switch from 800cc to 1000cc for the MotoGP world championship will boost his hopes of fighting consistently for the top six in 2012. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider has impressed in two winter test sessions so far having gelled quickly with the new YZR-M1 1000cc machine. The 26-year-old was fourth quickest on his 1000cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 February 2012 15:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

WWB again...

Sorry again my friend but I dissagree on many of your points. But, I am leaving for Florida and I don't have time to spar with you.

I love this sport.

Go Spies!!!

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

less fuel = less power

When you have no fuel you stop and everyone goes past but if everyone uses the fuel management correctly there should be no problem - all riders slow down for the last 4 laps - see, no problem (and no power and no hard riding). As for the weight of a couple of litres of fuel should affect nothing. You fill the tank and run the bike the tank empties - this is normal operation.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

SV Nut again.........

Ok I give up??? Enjoy your trip to Florida....... I will have to settle for watching the 1st battles of WSBK 2012.

Go Spi...... oops I mean....... Go Johnny Go! Or make mine a Max (HandBiaggi that is).

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Hi BennyH

>Do you know how much weight 3 additional litres of fuel means (in lbs or Kg's)?

Yes, the same as it always has. (I didn't actually state 3L but never mind).

>Do you think that additional mass matters not one jot - and if so, why?

Because its all been done before in the 990s and that's the proof it works.

fastest laps at the end of the race - would be even faster if the power was not turned down.

The worst case here would be when one bike HAS to have the power turned down to get to the end and whoever they are competing against does not (very much), what sort of race would that be? A fuel economy race maybe?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices