Skip to content

Discuss This James Ellison makes Aprilia MotoGP debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Ellison makes Aprilia MotoGP debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Ellison makes Aprilia MotoGP debut

James Ellison made his long-awaited return to MotoGP action in Jerez yesterday (Tuesday) when he got his first chance to test Aprilia’s new CRT machine. The former Tech 3 Yamaha rider, who will ride for the all-British Paul Bird effort in 2012, completed 36 laps on the new Aprilia ART machine. He logged a best time of 1.44.4 but was only using...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 February 2012 11:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

New to this so hi all. Interesting to see that De Puniet  time is just a smidge over 2secs slower than Stoners quali from last year. Sure this years bikes will have moved on, but maybe there is some hope for the crt bikes in the long term to cause a few upsets in the mid pack satellite scramble. In the interest of the sport i hope so. Six factory bikes miles ahead of everyone else does not bode well for the future of the sport.

Reply to this Topic
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

Benny

Think you're right about Ellison. Can't remember which race but toward end of last years bsb he got that sorrymate bike sorted and boy did he fly. Really mixed it up against the front runners. Only one race mind, but the lad can ride when he gets it set up.  Generally he's been stiffed over the years having to payhis own way for rides on crappy packages. Really hope for him 2nd time round in motogp he gets to show what he can really do. Those prilla's look a bit special despite all the wranglings i've heard about regards there legality that people keep harping on about. I don't really care so long as they can show what could be possible with the whole crt concept. For me they don't need to and won't win anything but so long as they give a good showing then it could help all the doubters come round to the idea that maybe they have a place in motogp. No one is gonna touch the big six really but maybe that is the big problem at the moment. Notmuch of a competetion. Whatever gets the sport buzzing has got to be good at this point in time. Look forward to seeing their improvment throughout the year. Good luck James.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

support

with the right support a decent crt outift could well be causing upsets i agree,most will be number makers as we know but rdp may well be mid pack most season, good luck to james tho as you gotta supprt the brits.

Reply to this Topic
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

CRT Bikes

I don't see how the CRT bikes can match factory bikes or whats the point of spending millions on them yes its a good idea to fill the grid but as soon as the CRT's beat the Factory boys all hell will break loose but I will be looking out for Colin Edwards & James Ellison hoping they do well

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

MAKING UP THE NUMBERS

I dont know why people are getting so exited about the CRT bikes. the only time you might see them  on tv is .when their lapped and when their finishing a minute and a half behind Stoner, Lorenzo and Rossi. Surley Dorna can come up with something better than this to fill the grid

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

come on mcn where are todays times?? it's in italian on gpone and apparently randy is just behind hector though it's somewhat marred by the fact that ducati weren't releasing their times and then they choose to do so, when it hardly looks any quicker than the crts.. keh??

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

Test times Jerez

Barbera ended up with a 1min 40.0 on the factory Ducati

de Puniet ended up with a 1min 40.3 on a CRT Aprilia

It's very early days....but only a 0.3 gap?

Thats got to have raised a few factory eyebrows!

Reply to this Topic
giancola

Sep 03

giancola says:

Aprilia CRT RSV4

I think some of us have forgotten that the RSV4 was originally being developed for motogp before the engine down size to 800cc, then aprilia decided to make it a wsb spec machine.  Now the CRT version is not that far of as they don't have that much of a catchup to do compared to the other non aprilia crt teams.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Let me get this straight Benny

You give Ellison a "chance" but give Edwards "no chance"? Surely you are referring to the bike having no chance and not the riders ability right? If you are referring to riding ability and not the bikes I'm going to have some words about that......

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I'd take the ducati time with a pinch of salt, it was up too ducati to release the times, they didn't the day before and it's hard to imagine they would if it looked so poor..Add to that, that Presiozi is well known for trying to mislead everyone and it's hard to take it at face value.. Is Randy going to Sepang??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices