Skip to content

Discuss This Second major dealer closes in weeks General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Second major dealer closes in weeks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Second major dealer closes in weeks

A second major bike dealer has closed weeks after the country’s biggest went into administration. V&J Superbikes unexpectedly closed its two branches in Taunton and Bridgewater, Somerset, on February 17. A sign on the Bridgewater branch said the closure would last five days but both branches have remained shut. Other dealers in the area said worried customers had been arriving at the closed premises. ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 February 2012 11:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Dont worry everyone...

the bankers in the city will still get their raises later this year.   Every cloud hey

Reply to this Topic
adriankingsley

Nov 05

bankers get the bonus?

How is linked to the news of a store going in administration?

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

Seems

Like a lot of honda dealerships are closing, B&M went last year near me, no suprise as their customer services were not up with the best.   Seems the range and pricing is the issue.  VFR 800 at nearly 10k! I mean come on its a 10 year old design they must of payed of the production line years ago. 

Reply to this Topic
Somersetblue

Feb 12

Somersetblue says:

Bonus

Carlosoul, you leave by bonus alone. Last years bought me my GTR1400 this years is being saved for the new Explorer 1200.

Reply to this Topic
redcatchris

Oct 10

redcatchris says:

@adriankingsley

We're in financial crisis brought on in no small part by the greediness and stupidity of bankers who continue to receive enormous pay packets for failure (see latest RBS headlines). This crisis means people have less money to spend on luxuries or hobbies and will make do with their older bike or ropey set of leathers for the time being. Hence the people suffering most are the majority of us that go to work, pay taxes, and try to pay our way - like the people who worked at V&J, or George White. Good luck to them all in finding new work.

Reply to this Topic
Somersetblue

Feb 12

Somersetblue says:

V&J Superbikes

Seriously though, these were my local dealers & their service levels were not great - I bought the GTR from a dealer in London because friends had told me that staff at V&J were very attentive until you signed on the dotted line but once they'd got your deposit they lost interest.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

yes BANKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put your index finger off each hand in your mouth and touch your back teeth and say bankers, and like magic you will find out there real names

Reply to this Topic
jqworle

Jan 12

jqworle says:

lucky miss

Had my bike due an mot and 7500 service on the 18th feb, rode down there to find it all closed up, but mightily relieved i didn't drop my bike off the night before or it would still be there.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Supermarket dealers

Very sad for the staff here as per George White's, i feel the time that the huge hyper stores ruled are over, i prefer to use a good local, family store, smaller, more attentive to customer service, you may pay more for your bike but in the long run you get a better overall service, pile them high and sell at a discount is ok but they are running on zero profit on a new bike meaning they have to cut services somehow. 

Support your local store, build a relationship with them and your biking is better for it.

Reply to this Topic
rushforthk

Feb 12

rushforthk says:

Bikes are fun - tell a youngster

Dealers now. Next will be the dealers pulling out of the UK market. Not enough youngsters filling the void. We need less legislation are more manufacturers courting new riders. Youngsters need to know how much fun bikes can be.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices