You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > lidl crash helmets

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wysiwyg

Apr 11

wysiwyg says:

lidl crash helmets

Ok i have just paid £39.99 for a flip helmet at lidls. I have been looking for another helmet and wanted to give the flip a try. I have tried on cabergs which do not seem to fit me well as the sunvisor rubs on my snout. It came with spare cheek pads and a spare visor. It has antfog coating as well. How well it performs remains to be seen. I am sure there will be a lot of cheap helmet bad quality remarks but it does look good on the spec sheet and the quality looks good as well, as for the protection i hope i never find out but german engineering and all that so i remain confident. It fits me perfect it is very comfortable and as we all know a poor fitting expensive helmet is worse than a good fitting cheaper one.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 February 2012 17:05)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

wysiwyg

You are right, there may be a bit of debate to follow on the pro's and cons of a cheap lid.  The irony is, no matter how good any of us think our helmets might or might not be, none of us want to put it to the test. 

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

is

it on the SHARP site? Be interested to see what they say.

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Reply to this Topic
Jim JIm

Aug 02

Jim JIm says:

Lidl Safety Helmet

If it has 22.05 either stuck on the back or inside the helmet or attached to the strap then use it.

I work with a bloke that buys all of his gear from Lidl's and has never had a problem with any of it.

Let us know how you get on with it over the next few weeks and perhaps we will all go and buy one.

Regards

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

personally

if it has the right kite marks and stickers then it in theory has passed basic testing.
However I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for, especially with bike kit.
In 30 years of riding I have had one big off that literally destroyed the outer case of my helmet, leaving the poly and my head intact. It was a shock to see the damage, the Shoei in my opinion was worth every one of its 400 pound coins. I have never put anything other make on my head since, probably never will. That said there are some cracking looking lids out there at vastly less money. Riding anyway is a big enough risk so in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't matter, a cheap helmet will be better than no helmet.
Tom

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

helmet

as long as it has the usual safety marks I think a helmet that fits you properly will offer the head far more protection than an ill fitting, top of the range model. Lidl sells some good stuff and there seems to be a lot of predjudice as it is cheap. Plus I wouldn't knock German engineering...its far better than some of the other crap that is churned out these days.

Reply to this Topic
wysiwyg

Apr 11

wysiwyg says:

helmet

forgot to add it also comes with two attachable neck naps one for winter which seals your neck, very comfy. when i start using the helmet i try put on a review.

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Cheap helmets

I have nothing against either LiDl or Aldi and regularly buy their specials for diy, kitchen foodstuffs etc. However, none of those are expected to save my life in the event of an accident. There is a reason why they can make it 10 times cheaper than Arai, Shoei, Schuberth or any of the top brand lids.......the tests are relatively easy to bypass with a little thought. How else could BMW sell an open face helmet with huge cutouts covered with wire mesh to suit their rufty tufty cruiser a few years ago? How? cos they were'nt in the zone tested for impact!!!

Let me ask you a question

Do you ride an Mz, Cz, Cossack? Would you rather have a Lada or a Mercedes? Because they all do the same job on the surface but I know which I rather be riding/driving when the shit hits the fan:unsure:

But hey you've saved £200 quid, yippee!

LiDl make baked beans for pennies - Heinz make baked beans you can eat............................

Reply to this Topic
wysiwyg

Apr 11

wysiwyg says:

lidl flip helmet

tc 330 read my review and feel smug

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Review?

Please point me in the direction of your review as smugness quota is running low:wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices