Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Tiger Explorer First Ride TIGER 1200 EXPLORER

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1200 EXPLORER > Triumph Tiger Explorer First Ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Potter  says:

Triumph Tiger Explorer First Ride

MCN Editor, Marc Potter, is at the world launch of the Triumph Tiger Explorer and here are his first thoughts. "Triumph admits it is aiming the Tiger Explorer squarely at the BMW R1200GS, and claims higher spec for less money, better handling, more luggage carrying capacity and at 135bhp, more power from the three cylinder all-new 1215cc engine. "I’m about it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 February 2012 08:24)

Post a message in TIGER 1200 EXPLORER

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Mr M. Potter

Well in defending yourself, these mindless keyboard jockeys love nothing more than trying to tear apart a piece of well informed journalism with their own conspiracies and misguided views. Just be careful you don't stoop to their level in your replies, no one really listens to them and you don't want people ignoring you too. Nice article, look forward too hearing your verdict in the head to head.

In the end guys we are all bikers, all family

Reply to this Topic
haggis9566

Jan 06

haggis9566 says:

Apart from being jealous!

I'm no sure of the motivation of some posters. Thanks for the info you've given so far Marc. I'm really looking forward to the full report.

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

Ace

Haha, same old furore. People critical of MCN professionalism. MCN strikes back to explain how committed, preoccupied and overall vastly experienced they are. Others quickly come to poor Mr Potter`s aid in a valiant show of loyalty. I only have one question. Please tell us you didn`t just potter about during the`testing` ?

Reply to this Topic
Vallejo

Feb 12

Vallejo says:

I saw 3 of these in Gibraltar today (all on UK plates) with a bunch of photographers doing a photoshoot. They look a lot nicer in real life.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

rudeness

I think MCN should think about editing some of the bad behavior on here there's no need for it.This site is for comments about bikes and if you don't agree with the comments then say so politely.There is no need to get personnel.Other sites ban this behavior. 

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Deadhorse or Bust!

How about bringing the Trumpet over to Alaska and riding the Dalton Highway and telling us how it handles the sections of gravel sinking into the tundra, the snow in June, and more mud that pavement sections? If it is too much of a handful, maybe some of use should be considering a 650cc thumper instead (e.g. Kawasaki KLR650, BMW G650GS Sertao), or even a 200 to 250cc dual-sport. My brand-new 2010 Yamaha TW200Z cost $3,000 (~1,900 GBP), and while it complains about being made to go faster than 55 mph, it will handle the crappiest of roads with ease (not to mention being the first motorcycle ridden to the North Pole), so I may just use it to take my trip to the Arctic Ocean.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

sprintman52

Well said sir,some of the comments on here are vile.it seems some people just come on here to attack people all the time hiding behind  their computer and username. cowards.As far as i can see marc potters comments regarding the triumph are fine ,They are merely early observations surely just a taster.As sprintman says lets have some regulation so the bile is banned and the rest of us can discuss bikes politely and like adults

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Reply to Below

Mr Sprintman52  I never hide,  I always give my name, I am always polite, I always tell it like it is as should you and the testers should. Question Why have different testers give reports on the same type of bike ie GS  Tiger  new honda etc. reason is so they cannot be compared at the first test.  Reason so you buy another MCN so find out what they are really like.  Cynical maybe but the Truth    Andy

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Do it yourself!

Instead of relying on magazine reports, just go and test ride a bike yourself, especially in the case of Triumph because they are the best dealers at providing test rides. My local dealer usually has one of almost (if not all) every bike in the range and with an £800 deposit (returned as soon as you do with no damage!) you can take your choice out for half a day or more until you are satisfied. How many othe dealers can say that. Maybe thats why Triumph are so successful at the moment because their customers know what they are getting before they buy!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

1100970!

If you don't hide, why is your profile hidden? I often have a look for the details of people who leave comments on here and obviously, I don't expect names and addresses but a few details about yourselves wouldn't go amiss. So come on you guys, don't be shy, I don't see why you can't leave the sorts of details about yourselves like I do.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle