Skip to content

Discuss This WSB First Qualifying: Rea sets the pace in Phillip Island World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB First Qualifying: Rea sets the pace in Phillip Island

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

WSB First Qualifying: Rea sets the pace in Phillip Island

Honda Superbike rider Jonathan Rea claimed provisional pole position at the end of first qualifying today. The 25 year old was the one and only man to dip under the 1m 32s bracket with a best lap of 1m 31.959. Speaking to MCN, he said: “I didn’t have the best session this morning, but this afternoon it all came good. I...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 February 2012 10:19)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Camier is dark horse

Camier is doing better than some people might think, currently in 12th but less than a second off pole. His team mate isn't helping much either, just testing the strength of the fairings.  

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WELL UMMMM,I DUNNO`

Maybe he`s been in the sun too long,but If he manage`s top 6,I reckon he`ll be well pleased. This is a real rider`s track,ask Stoner,oh and Rossi in his heyday.You still need a good set-up,but it ain`t the be all and end all.I`m kinda hoping Mr.Sykes will be able to keep his speed all race,then a top 3 is poss`.As for top 2,well I can only see Checa and Biaggi doing the bizz.     I`m gutted that Hopper is out,he is the only 1 bar Rea,who would probably have run up front.But we`ll soon see ,eh?Should be blinding !

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Getting very excited now!

I think a little bit of wee just came out haha!

Seriously though, it looks like the Ducati's are sorted....Wouldn't mind Sykes and / or Rea mixing it all race at the front?! Hope Haslam can race full distance too...

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Top 14 within 1 second

and 6 manufacturers... notably Yamaha missing.

Problems with the WSBK format, nah it looks pretty strong to me. Real shame Hopper is injured though, I would have bet on him roughing up some of the other ex-gp stars at PI

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

No Yamahas? Did I miss an announcement?

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Honda development strategy - its Jonny Rea

I think your right BennyHedgehog! 

Ducati will moan about a little 6 kilo weight limit, thats a good meal for me, but really they know they have an advantage. Hence they haven't even bothered to wheel the Panigale out for WSB this year - which is very odd. They'll come up with reasons for that, but in truth its because they'd wipe the floor with the four strokes with a factory Panigale superbike. I mean it makes about 100 pounds of torque with number plate and mirrors!!!

Meanwhile Rea is the ingredient keeping the four year old Honda in the game. Honda know it, thats why they have their eye on him for MotoGP. Problem is Jonny will be on the ragged edge to do those laps and you can't do that all season.  

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

weird?

Feels a bit weird looking at a time sheet without the name Haga or even Corser to some degree. But then I just remembered Haga will be doing some BSB! Rea really needs to concentrate on staying upright this season let alone worry about tagging on to the GP retiree's. A guy I really really rated from his BSB days, Rea has just seemed to slip further away from the GP dream or even WSBK success. Of course he wins races and is crazy fast at times but his consistency has been a major problem. With accidents comes injuries and the poor guy has just disappointed a bit. Here's wishing him a successful season and hopefully be in the running right up to the end.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Its cos he's riding the wheels off the thing. Simple as that. Put him on a factory V Twin and see how consistent and composed he becomes.  

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

ON the LIMIT

To keep the Honda in contention Johnny has had to right on the Limit and he has frequently gone over that limit trying to set competative times. As did Stoner and Rossi on the Ducati, it is common to see a gifted rider having to push to stay in the Race. If the Honda has the pace this year then he will not crash so much. I would love to see him win a few.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Here was me thinking Checa was gonna run away with it but its good to see a change at the top the BMW will be interesting to see and the improvements they make.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices