Skip to content

Ask an Expert Electric Problem. Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Electric Problem.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

WesleyJ

Jul 10

WesleyJ says:

Electric Problem.

My 04 gsf600 has developed a nice little electrical problem and was woundering if any one had seen it before?

When parked up with the wheel on full left lock everything works fine but once you move the bike of the side and center the stering, all the indicators stop working and  the brake light stops working as does the rear light, the head light still works thou.

I am guessing there is a brake in a wire or a short some where, as if i turn the stering all the way to the left again everything works again.

Any one come accross this before?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 February 2012 10:58)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

maybe

its just a connector getting pulled apart the wiring might be snagging summet

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wiring

I`ve heard of this before on here,as you and oscar says try simulating the fault to one wire or connector by twiddling seperate wires/looms.With the battery disconnected look for chaffed wires from the ignition switch to the connector block and them connections.Have the handlebars been raised or anybody tried to steal the bike? 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Yep

this rings a bell with me too; if I recall properly, some Suzukis are prone to electrical faults on steering lock due to stretching wiring which eventually snaps altogether.

Have a look and see if you can see wiring being snagged / pulled as you turn the bars.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

wiring

Check the wiring around the headstock area.

Reply to this Topic
WesleyJ

Jul 10

WesleyJ says:

Thanks

thanks, guys will have a look, been stuck in work all last week as the guy i work with had brake down and quit so not had the time atm.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle