Skip to content

Discuss This Superpole cancelled due to serious accident, Sykes on pole World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Superpole cancelled due to serious accident, Sykes on pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Superpole cancelled due to serious accident, Sykes on pole

Following a serious accident in the Australian Supersport race, which resulted in the death of 17 year old Oscar McIntyre, organisers were forced to abandon the Superpole session due to on track investigations by local police. The Queensland rider was involved in a crash on lap two of the scheduled 12 lap race. MCN would like to express their sincere condolences to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 February 2012 05:53)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cookstown

Mar 09

cookstown says:

VERY SAD

VERY SORRY TO HEAR OF THE DEATH OF OSCAR MCINTYRE MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS AT THIS VERY SAD TIME.RIP OSCAR.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

•TRAGIC & UNUSUAL...

This poor young lad has had a huge “off’ @ Turn 1 (Doohan Corner) and this initial crash is what caused his serious injuries & demise. However, in an eerie replay of Kevin Curtain’s crash some years back where he ran-off a very long way to the inside of the circuit at high speed – the same happened here, with the rider-less R6 Yamaha carrying-on and crossing back onto the track.

After other competitors left Doohan Corner (a fast right-hander) and negotiated the Southern Loop ( a long, constant-radius left hander) to set-up for the left-hand kink (Turn 3) before braking hard downhill into Honda Corner – the trajectory of McIntyre’s rider-less bike has intersected with them and brought-down two others. One, Luke Burgess has been released after a thorough examination – but the other, Michael Lockhart remains under observation with non life-threatening injuries.

This is a bit of a safety conundrum – do you place some sort of “barrier/catch-fence” across any such flight-path to prevent a collision later & further-on - OR – prevent that potentiality by having rider & machine have an earlier & bigger/faster impact? The Coroner’s Report will be interesting in this specific regard as this particular location is and always has been a bit of a worry.

Condolences to all of Oscar McIntyre’s family & friends. To lose anyone is bad enough – but at just 17 years of age - makes it even harder. RIP

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am really sad to hear this news and at 17 years of age my thoughts go out to his family at this very sad time.

Reply to this Topic
siiimon93

Apr 11

siiimon93 says:

sad news

clearly this is terrible news, but on i higher not i would like to add congrats to sykes and also camier had a good run

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Terrible news and a terrible way to start the 2012 racing season. Sincere condolences to the lads family and friends. 17....jesus christ

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Oscar

Sad news and an awful way to start the season my thoughts go out to his family and friends

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

OSCAR

our deepest sympathy on the loss Oscar, to his family and friends.

this has been a bad weekend for the start of the season a death and injuries to a lot of riders. Hope this is not  the start of things to come.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

R.I.P. Not a nice way to start the season

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

All the riders will be affected by this tragedy.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

I doubt it. Once that visor goes down, it's game on. Pure focus and concentration. It will be pushed to the back of their minds.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices