Skip to content

Discuss This Phillip Island WSB: Checa bounces back to win race two World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Phillip Island WSB: Checa bounces back to win race two

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

System  says:

Phillip Island WSB: Checa bounces back to win race two

World Superbike champion Carlos Checa won the second race at Phillip Island after a high-side in the first race. Checa bounced back from his first race misery to put an a dominating performance, finishing 5.7secs ahead of the rest of the field. First race winner Max Biaggi was arguably the star of the second race after running off track at the very...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 February 2012 09:01)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
888boybach888

Feb 12

The Man

Yesss, good job, showing them all how its done!!

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?

OH YEAH,    ME.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

TOP STUFF

great results for the brits checa showing why he is champ and max why he is his main rival this year,top racing.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Great ride by Carlos and max, but max's aprilia is a joke, it was laughable how it passed the supposedly super quick bmws and anything else for that matter.... The WSBK hype is well and truly over it's a two horse. Ten kate haven't been a regular podium contender since Rea got the top job, Yamaha non existent and both Kawasaki and BMW are where they have always been. Great ride by Tom Sykes!! and of course WSS always delivers. If the other manufacturers showed the commitment Ducati does to WSBK and MOTOGP we would have two very healthy championships.. They seem to be the only ones who get it..

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

The Kenan Sofogulu mysterie continues. Cannot ride a 1000 Superbike, and but for 2 races where he was a sub for Tomizawa cannot ride a Moto2 bike. Put him on a WSS bike and he rules. I agree with hugelean it's gonna be between Max and Carlos wich is a pitty really.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

True enough to a point Wosi

I"ve always been a big Biaggi fan. On his day (not nearly frequent enough though) he can - and has - made many a W.C look silly. A fantastic scythe through the field this morning from him after he was unintentionally baulked by Sykes in turn one. Checa still the one to beat even though his long in the tooth 1198 is being given the old French Goose force feeding treatment. 

Poor old myopic Hardlylean couldn't see just how well Biaggi was getting the Aprilia hooked up out of the final turn in comparison to the other machines. I fear he"s already making excuses for when the factory Ducati"s get beaten by an ART.

Surely there is only one supposed alien though Wosi?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

hugelean

Did you only watch Biaggi going down the start/finish straight or the whole lap? If you watched the whole lap then you would've seen Max ride those corners like he was on a rail which in turn gave him greater speed onto the straighter parts of the track. Match that with his small size and what is a quick bike anyway and you get a rider who can blast past anything on the straights - including his teammate.

Regarding Rea, he's had 23 podiums since his first full year in WSBK and has beaten every teammate he's had  - including current world champion Carlos Checa. Tenkate and Honda would be lost without him.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Benny

I agree and disagree, Max rode well in race 1 when he could easily have lost his focus and then rode even better in race 2 to show that at nearly 41 he is as fast as ever. The Aprilia has nearly always been a rocketship, it slowed some when the gear driven cams were removed but has evidently found the speed it lost. I'm wondering how much info is flowing back from the ART development...

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Great races. It would be an understatement to say i was a tad surprised with Checa's crash in R1. Max rode awesome and despite what some may think, he deserved 2nd. Sykes put up a great fight and thoroughly deserved a podium. The speed advantage of the other bikes clearly got to Guintoli. He was later on the brakes and faster through corners but it was all for nothing when he got on the straight.

I'm happy that the racing has started again but also a little gutted. 5 more weeks till round 2? are they taking the piss? It's the same every year but it's just a bugger to wait out between rounds.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Man of the mach for me was Sykes. Passed Max right back 3 times. But still hugelean might be right? 2 40 year olds dukin it out for the title, with absolutely no one that can get close is pretty sad. Lascorz must have coppied the Grinners settings for race 2. So much better than race 1 untill he ran off the track. Probably running that blindingly fast CRT Aprillia bike will rub of on Max's bike as well. Feel a bitt sorry for Johny Rea, no Castrol livery(wich was Awsome) equeals less cash and an even less good Blade. The ride by wire seemed pretty good last year when he came back from injury.  Aoyama, hell of an aclompishment to take the title in the last 250cc 2-stroke seizon, but another bad signing by Ten-Kate. Maxime Berger should have gotten this ride 2 years ago. He would have ridden almost for free. and knows the blade from his Superstock days.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices