Skip to content

Discuss This Phillip Island WSB: Checa bounces back to win race two World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Phillip Island WSB: Checa bounces back to win race two

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

System  says:

Phillip Island WSB: Checa bounces back to win race two

World Superbike champion Carlos Checa won the second race at Phillip Island after a high-side in the first race. Checa bounced back from his first race misery to put an a dominating performance, finishing 5.7secs ahead of the rest of the field. First race winner Max Biaggi was arguably the star of the second race after running off track at the very...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 February 2012 09:01)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Damn I missed the two races but from what I am seen even though its one race the title duel will be between the top two of last season.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

wheres john hopkins ? gutted picked him for my fantasy road race 1st and 2nd from biaggi is looking good tho :)

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Both races were really good to watch, Super sport race was a cracker as well, Tom sykes was riding the wheels of the kwacker and if he can get the tyre to last he is a contender for the title. jonathan rae had two strong rides. But i really felt for eugene laverty. it doesnt appear to have the power and reliabilty of biagis bike?  Cant take it away from biagi though he rode two good races. It was a really good second race for checca the dukes are way down on power and to win the race an amazing result. people might say the duke handle better but checca obviously gives the right feed back to the team and thats a skill in its self   

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

wheres john hopkins ? gutted picked him for my fantasy road race 1st and 2nd from biaggi is looking good tho :)

He is injured thats why he is not racing.

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

How fast is Biaggi's Aprilia, its going to be a boring season I think. Why does Aprilia make the number 2 bike slower? Something stinks.  Well done Sykes, Rea, Haslam & Melandri - good racing.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

That made no sense whatsoever.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

No need to delete your post Elbowz. I'll be getting a new profile soon. Please don't change it to something similar this time. I might aswell be honest, you've lost pretty much all credability(of what you had) when you openly admitted you had jumped ship. Anyway back to WSB. Biaggi and Laverty's top speed were near enough the same. Max was something like 324kmh and Laverty's - 321. He wasn't fit so wait until Imola to see his real performance. Whether you like the guy or not, Biaggi rode one hell of a race.. Well two, actually.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I won't I'll be staying with the profile I have now as I like it. Sorry for deleting my post I'll be replaying the race in a short while.

Reply to this Topic
SMG1

Nov 11

SMG1 says:

So Eugene Laverty is "good enough" to be classified as a Brit now..!! Eugene is 100% Irish. Ask him, he will tell you in no uncertain terms..!!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Oh dear!

Benny I am so disappointed..... sad face. Dude, Biaggi is a motorcycling genius; maybe flawed but still genius. He reminded me of his 250 days today. It is a lot heavier but power to weight ratio and all I could swear he was on the old Chesterfield Priller. Laverty has been all over Max in testing but a) he is injured b) the GP boys are slow starters but they put the bendy bike brigade in the shade at the end of races. I for one was amazed how Biaggi recovered race 2. Aprilias are fast but the key has always been the way Max leaves the corners, fast and smooth. He gets the power down..... end of! PI is a high speed Mecca which rewards real talent and Max had his act together today. That doesn't spell the end of the season for the Brits though... what is wrong with you doom merchants??? Congrats to Marco for a mega result in race one which eluded the hopeless developer, talented but I can't be arsed Troy Corser. Good to see him giving away the prizes though. Wonder how much that cost Flammini??? My man Johnny redeemed himself in race 2 at least and I was so pleased to see grinner finish two races somewhere near where he started and not a dark cloud in the sky. I really hope Sykes can keep mixing it up front. Too long since we have seen routine green on WSBK podiums. ***** Pessimist Willie found the WSS race close but pretty dull. Bummed that Lowes couldn't keep up. I fear Kenan is in another class and if Foret and Parks can be a contenders it is a pretty weak field. I hope Sam can stick it to them at Imola. Finally a shout out for Josh Brookes.... After almost starting to rate him 2 yrs ago on an HM Plant Honda his true class on his home circuit has been revealed. Put him on a 600 in BSS and he will be a legend. Other than that... a few rays of light but mostly huge repair bills. Ciao and Viva Biaggi!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices