You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Bike Devil Insurance

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ajmcguk

Feb 12

ajmcguk says:

Bike Devil Insurance

Does anyone know about Bike Devil insurance?

Seems to be a lot cheaper than other insurance companies and has a £0 excess. Would normally worry but it seems to be part of MCE Insurance, which is probably good, right?...

Advice welcome!...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 February 2012 22:23)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Aarron

Oct 10

Aarron says:

Aviod MCE

MCE - Aviod like the Plague. They offer the cheapist because they are the worst. Hard to get intouch with, charge a bomb on the phone, no help when you eventually do get through they just seem to keep passing you between people.

Try Wickedquotes, or when you get a quote through give them a ring it's the best way as over the phone gets you the better deals.

Reply to this Topic
ajmcguk

Feb 12

ajmcguk says:

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give your suggestion a try. It's a shame to hear bad things about MCE - quite liked the price of that insurance!...

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

MCE

Been with MCE last three years never had any real problems always found them the cheapest, only gripe was on getting renewal notice through last year I decided to go back into their site and do another fresh quote which was around £20 cheaper than my renewal quote, phoned them to say I would not renew unless they gave me the new price which they agreed to no problem, they blamed the difference on my breakdown cover??? :blink:

Reply to this Topic
ajmcguk

Feb 12

ajmcguk says:

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback bryfor, it's good to have a second opinion!...

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

MCE

Fine, twice, good prices for younguns in first year.  No problem starting a claim then cancelling without issue (wayward driver accepted full responsibility for knocking over parked ped and wrote out a cheque to cover the dealer repairs in full, to avoid claim on her own insurance).

Just found out that CIA are pain to cancel - if they send printed documents they won't cancel until they get them back, and there's cancellation fee plus broker fee!

Had a reasonable experience with eBike too, though putting a claim through was the par-for-the-course free-for-all with all sorts of other parties getting involved.  Just how hard is it to get a few new bits fitted when you've been rear ended?  Very hard.

Sorry, never done a deal with the Bike Devil.

Reply to this Topic
ajmcguk

Feb 12

ajmcguk says:

And the winner is...

Looks like I'll have to go with Bike Devil - they're so much cheaper than everyone else and have £0 excess which is great.

I put a deposit down for the bike a couple of days ago and booked my CBT for the 11th... exciting times!...

Reply to this Topic
archie78

Apr 12

archie78 says:

Hell No

When i spoke to MCE/Bike Devil about this they said with £0 excess deal i would still have to pay an amount (undisclosed), and i would get it back within a matter of days. WTF :huh:

Reply to this Topic
Nick666

Feb 12

Nick666 says:

Liars

Bikedevil / MCE are a ripoff and terrible customer service. And it's NOT a 'zero-excess' policy, they're lying. It's actually (at least) a £700 excess policy which you then have to go through a million hoops to claim back through a third-party policy (how ridiculous it is I can't even describe). And they ALSO add on the cost of the remaining year's premium (if you were paying monthly). It's a serious ripoff and I've reported them to the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) for outright lying in their ads.

Reply to this Topic
bikedevil

Jul 12

bikedevil says:

Help....

Nick666 - Sorry you are having issues - disappointed in fact it is not supposed to difficult - call or mail us and we'll get it sorted - £0 Excess details can be found here - hopefully this explain how it works.

BikeDevil Team

Reply to this Topic
gathy

Jul 12

gathy says:

sooner put my gentlemans area in a wasps nest

I took out there nil excess policy on-line 1 month ago .They did not tell me I would have to pay out £1000 if I have a claim then.I phoned up to change my bike and they didn't tell me I would have to pay £1100 excess then either.I have reported them to watchdog because not matter how they word it,paying out £1100 pre-claim is a excess. I only found out there was a excess when they rang me last week to check I downloaded all my documents and it came out in the conversation. I have complained and they was supposed to ring me last Wednesday with the outcome as they reckon the compliance Dept. was looking at it as it should be £600 ? wtf .I have still not received a phone call one week later.What seems more of a disgrace is that if I have a accident i.e drop it i will not get any money back from my £1100 excess protection if it doesn't cost that much to repair. wtf ?! sooner put my gentleman's area in a wasps nest then ever use or recommend them to anyone,plus bennetts had a £200 excess and policy was £15 cheaper.how shafted i been ? back to using the germoloids for a year.least i will not damage the bike as i cannot sit down on it and  too worried to go out on it >(for sale 2012 r6 1 mile on clock going to spend my hole year bitching on internet instead for some personal relief) ---ref: MC_UK_2011055252

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices