Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner predicts much faster times in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner predicts much faster times in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner predicts much faster times in Sepang

Reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner expects lap times to fall sharply over the remainder of the second Sepang test in Malaysia after he dominated a rain-hit opening day. The Repsol Honda rider topped the timesheets with a quickest lap of 2.01.761 that put him well clear of Spanish rivals Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo. But his best time was 2.1s slower...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 February 2012 17:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Onboard footage

I've just watched the footage over on MM of Casey Stoner riding to the conditions today at Sepang. Fast and smooth looking and if there's more to come then the others should worry even when their own gains land. Turn 11 around the 2:04 mark was a bit poignant for me and gives a good indication of what happened.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

good info there

hearing of another bit tho is that all riders are suffering off chatter issues, maybe bridgestone are to blame not the factorys?? i also heard with a sense of humour that casey also had chatter today on his pit bike, they sorted with it with an old carbon fibre frame left outside ducati hospitality, i also heard casey wanted it on his honda today but hrc said it was taking the micheal,

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

No doubt

Sure the times will drop,barring weather constraints. The chatter issues will come to the fore given the grip levels and some will and some won't ride around it. Stoner always calls a spade a bloody spade.

I hope the teams enjoy a clear sky and a good surface so that they can address issues that were not evidenced today,by and large due to track surface.

Nevertheless, a pattern has definitely established itself. Barring disaster and Divine intervention, its a 2012 HRC/Yamaha factory rider slugfest on the cards.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

No doubt

Sure the times will drop,barring weather constraints. The chatter issues will come to the fore given the grip levels and some will and some won't ride around it. Stoner always calls a spade a bloody spade.

I hope the teams enjoy a clear sky and a good surface so that they can address issues that were not evidenced today,by and large due to track surface.

Nevertheless, a pattern has definitely established itself. Barring disaster and Divine intervention, its a 2012 HRC/Yamaha factory rider slugfest on the cards.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

ROSSI

"Being there for her each day is something special and makes you feel really important. So far it has been a dream and perfect but I’m sure every parent would say they wouldn’t change it for the world.”

rossi could have it with uccio. there's still a change. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

HELLO

even without stoner and pedrosa, rossi was 7th. spies on top. i wonder who the moaning fan here whose said, rossi would beat spies.

he JUST SO DARN LUCKY in his previous year. nobody competitif enough to beat him. even hayden beat him in test season with hand injury. this is so shamefull.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Stoner predicts faster times in Sepang..

Only if you put the bike on the track!! Looks like Honda have electronics problems. Oh well couldn't happen to a nicer bike manufacturer!! I am sure they will get it sorted but the rain is causing problems, and delaying proper testing which will in the end help any teams that feel their bikes are 99% ready... Motoking- no body wins testing you idiot! If that was the case then Stoner just DNF - retard.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Testing times.

1Spies B.Yamaha Factory Racing2:01.285
2Lorenzo J.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.008
3Dovizioso A.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.237
4Crutchlow C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.410
5Hayden N.Ducati Team+0.463
6Barbera H.Pramac Racing Team+0.704
7Rossi V.Ducati Team+0.845
8Battaini F.Cardion AB Motoracing+2.281
9Edwards C.NGM Mobile Forward Racing+4.531
10Silva I.Avintia Racing+6.528
11Hern?ndez Y.Avintia Racing+6.928

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Which puts you in a bit of a dilemma Elbowz

Doesn't it?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Also

there's no silent question mark in Hernandez's surname, it comes after.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices