Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi faces wait for Ducati improvements MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi faces wait for Ducati improvements

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi faces wait for Ducati improvements

Ducati has told Valentino Rossi a range of improvements for the radically revamped GP12 will not be ready in time for the start of the inaugural 1000cc MotoGP world championship in early April. The new GP12 1000cc machine might be a vast improvement on last year’s disastrous 800cc GP11, but Rossi made it clear in Sepang today that the latest Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 February 2012 11:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

My kingdom for a plausible answer.

A simple question Bigshow9696,

How do YOU quantify the new improved ducati, a 'vast' improvement with the results achieved so far?

Abuse, berate, I actually get a good laugh out of kids like you, but to actually fire me up, why don't you give me a sensible answer?

I'll be waiting...

Question for the proper fans (and think carefully before answering)... What part/s could possibly take this long to create if they already know the outcome they are trying to achieve... other than another new chassis, which begs the question, is it really ANY improvement at all?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Bob, Are you pissed ?

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Bundy for brekky?

It's 9 o'clock in the morning!

Sorry, I should be more specific... no.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

ok last one.

enough of the CF bollox its old news, we all want rossi to go head to head with stoner on the duke, rant finished. jamie you are crazy and very funny.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

boring

zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Rossi at ducati

Wosidog I actually agree with much of your post, and as I agreed previously there has been recent revisionism from stoner about the diabolical gp10. He late in the season managed to find race winning pace;  this was not achieved by fixing the bike's flaws but mostly by riding the thing flat out from the start and hoping he wouldn't crash before the tyres warmed up,  the odds ratio for which still wasn't favorable as the dnfs mixed in with the race wins demonstrated.  

You guys have gone on a journey, as have rossi and jb,  from considering that the bike was OK but stoner was a crasher who couldn't sort it, to the bike being   fundamentally flawed and needing a complete re-design. I thought the latter from the start and said so elsewhere, but differ from you in that I don't see that this is stoner's fault, although it is true he may not have known how a "good" bike was supposed to feel, only discovering this on the same occasion valentino discovered what a diabolical bike felt like. It should be recalled that the bike became inherently unstable/prone to random front end loses for everyone including stoner only when in 2009 they made a deliberate decision to develop the 2010 bike to be more "generally rideable", presumably in preparation for rossi or whomever.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Polyjuice potion

Which of you jokers made up a brew and where have you hidden the real Wosideg?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rossi, ducati and serendipity

No doubt in my mind either that rossi would be in primary contention for the title on a competitive bike, as his late 2010 win on a yamaha, broken leg and bung shoulder notwithstanding showed. If he cannot sort the now re-designed ducati this will be down to ducati's engineering and other resources or lack thereof, including their I suspect still existing relative deficiency in comparison with honda in terms of  throwing cubic dollars at multiple chassis revisions.

The serendipity involved in 2007 for ducati and stoner is interesting to consider. It was certainly serendipitous for stoner, as he may not have ever got on to a bike with a winning chance otherwise, and no longer be in motogp or barely hanging on with de puniet like status, ie permanently labelled as a fast crasher. Until someone else wins a title for them, it was serendipitous for ducati, as they were imo correct in their view that they wouldn't beat valentino with a conventional bike. Even after the 2007 championship I suspect with stoner having moderately regular race wins that having an apparently  fast but idiosyncratic bike was more or less in keeping with their whole ethos/image, and without the demonstrated if irregular race winning pace they would not have attracted valentino. I still think he would have had a much better season last year if he had taken the same resources to suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

The Longest 80 Seconds Ever.

41,472,000 seconds and still counting JB.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

What's the big deal.

Casey Stoner AUS Honda 1m 59.607s Sepang I - Feb 2
Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati 2m 0.824s Sepang I - Feb 2

Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda 2m 0.795s Sepang III - Mar 1 (thus far).

Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati  2m.01.550. Sepang III - Mar 1 (thus far).

So I ask, what's the big deal. Is it because Rossi fans will not concede anything, as to who the winner for 2012 based on test time, FP, or QP. Are the Lacey fans getting pissed about this. I thought Testing was to work on the bike until Qatar and to continue throughout.

Testing at Sepang the 3rd time around was gobshite at the most. Bring on Jerez and lets hope for good weather so we see if all the bikes are somewhat closer in the Fastest time around the track. Does the person that qualifies as the fastest always win the race? LMAO.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices