Go to most recent reply

jkclive1971

Feb 12

jkclive1971 says:

Cruise Control

What a simple idea,that works for little money :biggrin:

www.throttlemate.co.uk

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 February 2012 19:30)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

not for me

I personally would not use something like this, I prefer to be in full control at all times, suppose it might ??? be useful on a long boring run down a quietish motorway (maybe???) but for normal everyday riding  I wouldnt touch it, just my humble opinion, but I think it could potentially be hazardous :tongue: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Touring

when you're doing hundreds of miles a day on motorways it would be useful but as you say, potentially dangerous.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Cruise.

Yeah, but if you're so infirm that you can't hold a throttle on the motorway your bones will probably break at 70mph anyway.

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

throttle mate

Potentially dangerous in my opinion. Also why bother wasting your money on a device when you could just disable the throttle return if your so lazy you can't be arsed holding the throttle open?

Reply to this Topic
SamLovatt

Sep 11

SamLovatt says:

Stupid

From the looks of the picture the cruise control is linked directly to the front brake, so the only way you can use the front brake it to take the cruise thing off or break it. Neither of which are good in an emergency stop or in general.

Reply to this Topic
jkclive1971

Feb 12

jkclive1971 says:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

jkclive1971,

You'd have got a better reception if you'd said upfront, "I'm a rider and I've invented this product to solve a problem I encountered," or "I was so impressed by this product I took a franchise." This forum has been frequently plagued by spammers selling tat so we're all primed to be sceptical or to take the piss. So what's the story?

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Selling - jkclive1971

I said on one of your duplicated threads (posted 4 times now) a few days ago, that its obvious your the one flogging these on fleabay (the last inclusion now further proves the point), and of course your gonna sing their praises (as you did on one of your duplicate threads) to try to make a few bob, this site is not for people like you who are trying to sell or promote your wares, go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

:doubt::mad::doubt:

By the way James600zx, you mentioned about him inventing this product and looking at his site name, I am wondering if it is Clive Sinclair, this invention looks about as popular as his C5, ha ha

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

bryfor59,

That'll be "Sir" Clive to you.

To be fair there are similar devices already available so there must be a market for such devices (surprisingly).

Is it CE Approved? :winkie::laugh:
(-that was a joke but now I've written it I'm wondering what the rules are.)
:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Looks like....

Your brake fluid needs changing!!

So not only is your throttle now, potentially, stuck on but your brakes may not be working as well as they should!!

Cruise control?..... On a bike?.....  No thank you!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices