Skip to content

Discuss This Ban and fine for rider who argued 156mph wasn’t dangerous General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ban and fine for rider who argued 156mph wasn’t dangerous

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ban and fine for rider who argued 156mph wasn’t dangerous

A motorcyclist has been banned from driving after arguing unsuccessfully that speeding at 156mph did not constitute dangerous driving. Peter Clarke, 44, was filmed at the high speed on his Suzuki GSX-R1000 on the A1M in Cambridgeshire last year by an officer on an unmarked Honda Fireblade. Clarke was followed for eight minutes and was also seen undertaking other vehicles. Clarke,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 March 2012 09:31)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Preadator

Jan 12

Preadator says:

Glad he got caught, glad he got banned, glad he got fined but to think a prison sentence is going to change anything is nonsense. Everyone speeds, be it by 1 mph or 100 mph it is breaking the same law,people are so judgemental, why is it ok to do 33 in a 30 limit and not ok to do 150 on the motorway? youve got kids wondering about in 30 mph zones along with animals cyclists etc, thats why they are 30 mph limits coz they are potentially bloody dangerous, so you could argue that you are more likely to kill or critically hurt others in slow built up areas only just breaking the speed limit by 3 or 4 mph so would you insist these people all went to prison? probably not. 

And why is it ok for the police to risk the lives of the public so they can give a bloke on a motorcycle a chuffing speeding ticket. Imagine the knock on your door, "sorry sir there has been an accident, one of our blokes was chasing someone at 155 mph and ploughed into your family car killing everyone, thats your wife and 2 kids, but look on the bright side the bloke he was chasing was caught and banned for 12 months AND we fined him a grand!" the fu~king idiots.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

156mph isn't dangerous

Well he had to say something.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Speeding is speeding, and when you get caught you gotta live with the consequences. That said he didnt seem to be riding dangeroulsy other then by his speed. We see tons of stupid riders on youtube speeding AND driving like idiots cutting of cars, swerving between them etc...I agree with the one saying it's more dangerous speeding in a 30mph zone then on the highway. As long as you drive safely give yourself some space and don't put other peoples lives at risk. Police chasing a bike at that speed just doubles the risks, thats all it does.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Undertaking

Undertaking is classed as dangerous driving - and when you're doing it at 150+ on a busy road - you're never going to get away with it.

There's a time and a place for silly speeds, and he picked the wrong combination.

Reply to this Topic
GrazzerFazer

Feb 11

GrazzerFazer says:

Speeding

Whilst I have no complaints about this guys sentance, what annoys me is the use of plain bikes, there comes a point when it becomes entrapment.

Do we have the reg number of the Fireblade so we can all add it to our list of plain plod

Reply to this Topic
jacko2111

Mar 12

jacko2111 says:

Tut tut, where was his Hi-viz!!!! :-)

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

I speed like this all the time, if I get caught I'll take my punishment and wont complain as I know the law.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Killing a biker with mismatched tyres on a car and no insurance is also dangerous but certain certain woman knew how to fiddle the justice system. It's a joke at the end of the day but 150 odd mph on the public roads nowadays is a bit silly. Half dead judges who run red lights at 20mph and drive on motorways at 40mph take a dim view to this.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

speeding

i actually know this feller hes a hardworking man who employs people so im glad he didnt get a ban to be fair most  have done this now and then its so easy to do on these rocketships in a few seconds. hes a pretty handy trackday rider to so at least he can still have a blast round brands ect.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

Should have said he ad mismatched tyres. probably would of got away with it

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool