Skip to content

General Stone chips...... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Stone chips......

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Stone chips......

Ive just cleaned my bike on Ive found this.:upset::upset::upset:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 March 2012 15:23)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Stealth

Ill put head light protectors on my shopping list.Its an inch or so away from the head light.So i suppose Ive been lucky.My bike has now been grounded until fixed.I'm gutted.......:upset:.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Kam

pmsl......  :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That finger is very important me i do all my telling off with that finger.

Oldish,chewing gum is a sore subject,last years incident involved the manky stuff.I managed to have a piece of it fly up and get stuck on the side of my tank it made a right mess..:lol:

Reply to this Topic
BikerBladerAsh

Nov 07

few weeks back

was on the way to work, and something came up at the front of the bike, didnt even think about it tbh, until the next morning, taking the disk lock off, noticed a lovely 1-2mm hole straight through the edge of the headlight.Must have come up from the car in front.

Made me wish I had a headlight protector but grateful what ever it was didnt hit me in the face, my visor isnt always closed.

rather than looking for another headlight at the moment have put a headlight protector sheild over the lense which has completely sealed it.

Would be sooo pissed if it was a new bike, but its a 97 zx9r b4 so new to me but least headlights not expensive and readily available.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Split in Plastic

Yes you can get a paint match although you have what is known as Flecks in the paint it can be done quite easliy.

I have an 07 Blade and had a similar problem on the fairing but my mate owns his own bodyshop he plastic welded it and re-sprayed the area, now you can't tell at all. Edwards Autos of Bridgend if you are down this way but most good bodyshops should be able to do that for you.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Thank you

For all the advice peeps,Homer40 your a bit far away for me i live in East Yorkshire:smileLooks like i`lll be making a few phone calls today.

:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

AEH

I think there's a custom paint guy on the industrial estate bit at Carnaby, does chops and stuff.  They might be able to help

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Mostly

Hummm i think there is,I know a few S/slave members.One of them lot is something to do with the guys up at Carnaby i think.Cheers,:smile

I thought you were off down south ???:biggrin:.

Reply to this Topic
boydtrans

Jan 09

boydtrans says:

is

there a fastener behind that as it looks like the kind of split you get from a fastener being too tight, I just can't see a strike mark in the laquer coat, just a thought

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

AEH

Heading off tomorow morning, despite HTs weather prediction!

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

boydtrans

There is a stone chip, it just doesn't show up very well on the photo.Ive remembered on old mate who's going to have a look at it for me tomorrow. Its not what you know, but who you know.:biggrin:

Mostly have a good weekend, i'm sure the weather down there will be just fine.:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle