Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test

Valentino Rossi struggled to hide his disappointment after he slipped to a bitterly disappointing 10th place on the timesheets at the conclusion of the second Sepang MotoGP test in Malaysia today. The Italian ended the rain-hit three-day test with a best time of 2.01.550 that left him 1.077s adrift of red-hot 2012 title favourite Casey Stoner. Although Rossi reduced the gap between...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 March 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

'Expect Lorenzo and I would hope Spies, to be comfortably back in front of the Tech 3 bikes'

You'll see that over the season Bulto Ben ahead of both Tech 3 machines.

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

not looking good

Rossi looks to be facing a repeat of 2011 - struggling to out pace Barbera and always talking about needing improvements with the bike.  Not sure why he needs a better bike to outpace a Pramac bike, but there you go.

Where does he go from here?  Surely the Rossi brand starts to lose its lustre with another winless year...I'm sure the sponsors are shifting uncomfortably in their offices.

If the Ducati cannot be made faster, his only option is another factory team for next year, obviously without the presence of Stoner, Lorenzo or Pedrosa (or Barbera).  Seems the return of the mightly Suzuki in 2013 is his only hope...

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

Does VR sound even more negative now than when he was on the old CF piece of crap? Must be sandbagging. Any true race fan knows that testing is meaningless and he will school them in the first races.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Wosi

Nice reference to Trevor and Simon and discobiskit I didn't realise you did irony down there but glad to find some, cheers

Reply to this Topic
kauriboy

Jun 09

kauriboy says:

Absolutely

Just like last season, discoBisket.

"Deflated" ?  More like plain empty of any more hot air or even "excuses" after having the bike re-built numerous times to his own specification. A return to the CF bike might even do him some good?

It would appear that breaking his leg @ Mugello in Round 4 of 2010, the first serious injury of his very long & lucky career, has largely been the end of him. The last time he was "legitimately" on the Podium was way back when he won @ Sepang in October 2010 and then got a 3rd @ Valencia in early November. Since then - Zero. The rest have moved on while he has stood still or gone into reverse.

Don't hold your breath for anything  better @ Jerez in late March.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

I've noticed that JB has been very quite recently. I bet he's pissed off to hell being stuck with a bike and rider that don't gel. It looks bad on him as well.

2013 : VR won't be with Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Laughing Gas

You must remember that Burgess hasn't met a bike he cannot fix. Well until 2011 that is.......

So now he's got what he wants. Rossi states (for what his constant back flipping contradictory statements are worth) that this new twin spar ali thing responds to adjustments.

So where's it all going wrong? Has Burgess forgotten how to spin the spanners, or has his rider simply reached the extent of his talent ceiling as many are now starting to realise finally. Burgess was becoming tangibly frustrated with Rossi last year. Contrary to what that fool Buelligan states all does not sound well in the Ducati garage. Rossi moaning, Briggs moaning. Burgess conspicuously silent and Preziosi running over Rossi's toes at every available opportunity........

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Mmmnnn

See how the "official" non works CRT Aprilia bikes go, if RdP is anything to go by it could be up with the Monster Yams, if so what price an actual works version in 2013 with a certain someone on it !!

Who know's, whatever, in race conditions Rossi will still be further up, but only 5th or so right now, odd how after the first test he was amazingly happy with it and the only changes were electronics for this test and minor tweaks.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Monster Yamahas quick we will see the when the real season starts.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

JB is safe, innit

He's achieved enough that this will be seen as a blip when his whole career is looked back on. Same's true for Valentino if he does the sensible thing and goes to destroy Max again while he still can. It'll be a long blip if we get to november and he's still in piazza uno. I think tricks are being missed. A wild card at PI being one, Rossi is devoid of confidence and so is his team, the only thing to change that will be genuinely good results and a belief.

I also note that we've seen no obvious further Factory Ducati testing now that they can, surely Rossi should have replaced Hayden at Jerez the other week Guareschi himself saying it needs the racer on it for the full feedback to be offered, the test was for Hayden so why weren't JB/VR there sorting the bloody thing out? He doesn't have much time but also doesn't appear to be trying to make it. I see new bike, crap test, changes, another test, changes, crap bike, I don't see lots of other testing now that he can. He could be riding the wheels off a well kitted Panigale (oh hang on the bits don't fit now) make that an 1198R at no cost to his MotoGP testing hours. The bike was all good a month ago. It's the man that needs tweaking.

The pace is always relentless and in some ways I think Rossi should thank himself for what he's created, good and bad, because he set the bar back in 2000 and through being fast, switched on, a bit devious if needed and perhaps most importantly not crashing and knacking yourself he has carried that on for 9.5 yrs. A fucking good effort in my book. How many racers after that long don't really know what their recovery time is? Not many. Mugello '10 will indeed be seen as the the point where it either ended or started to.

Ducati missed a trick with Bradl too. Rossi could go to WSB right now, he's only missed a round, and a have a pretty certain shot of doing well. I just re-read this to make sure it's worthy of abuse and derision and it reads like an obituary...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle